• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 599 • Replies: 6
No top replies

caramel

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:11 pm
Re: Uh?
pOOper* wrote:
Wanna try and get some new users here? Rolling Eyes

Of course this place is open... You may invite everyone you like.

I can even ask the administrators to clean it up for us (delete all the posts in here) so that you can start with a clean slate.

Cool
0 Replies

pOOper-

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 09:26 pm
Wel I'll give itsome serious thought. I doubt I (we) will go to IMDb much,I'm pretty much finished there it's too cluttered and boring for me.
We'll see .
0 Replies

pOOper-

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 11:51 am
*caramel* wrote:
pOOper* wrote:
Wanna try and get some new users here? Rolling Eyes

Of course this place is open... You may invite everyone you like.

I can even ask the administrators to clean it up for us (delete all the posts in here) so that you can start with a clean slate.

Cool

Ya know,I just went through those posting in Soapbox and don't really have much interest in any of them.
We would need at least 10 more here for viable discussions and I don't see even three to invite.
Ron
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 12:56 pm
Quote:

Ya know,I just went through those posting in Soapbox and don't really have much interest in any of them.
We would need at least 10 more here for viable discussions and I don't see even three to invite.
Ron

There's so much crap going on there that the interesting people have left, or are just lurking. And since the life of a post there is one week it's difficult to find the profile of some posters.

If you can think of some interesting posters you would like to invite just go to ACT1 site and find that poster so you can sent him a PM.

Here is his link :

http://www.actwon.com/imdb/profiles.htm

Or you can make a post in the Soapbox saying something like this :

With the subject : The Way We Were

and post the lyrics to cheers :

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.
You want to go where people know, people are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

And say something like : if you're interested just PM me?

Cool
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:11 am
I think that this new posting policy in IMDB will be its deathknell. One can't start a serious discussion because you can't exchange ideas, or it just takes too long. And the soapbox is once again overrun by children. The level of debate is "neener neener, did too, did not...booger head!" And of course there are those who just want to satisfy some ego by having a forum. I check in every so often, but don't post much anymore. Too bad. Where are all the old timers? Can we invite Stel and Phlicker and a few others? They can keep a secret and still post quality stuff.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 03:25 pm
dan-124 wrote:
I think that this new posting policy in IMDB will be its deathknell. One can't start a serious discussion because you can't exchange ideas, or it just takes too long. And the soapbox is once again overrun by children. The level of debate is "neener neener, did too, did not...booger head!" And of course there are those who just want to satisfy some ego by having a forum. I check in every so often, but don't post much anymore. Too bad. Where are all the old timers? Can we invite Stel and Phlicker and a few others? They can keep a secret and still post quality stuff.

This new 5 minutes quota is too long a time to wait to make and/or reply to a post. But I understand why they are doing this. Too many trolls have been 'flooding' the boards lately, and not only on the main boards. When trolls are posting more then 100 posts more in a span of 1 hour it's very annoying and slowing the boards down, which they were already.

The Sandbox has been taken over by 12-13 years old and the Soapbox by whining/bitching posters.

And I agree that too many posters are starting other boards, only to come back on IMDb claiming that their boards are the best and whining and bitching about other posters.

This place is and always has been open to good posters if you want to invite them I have no objection, the more the merrier. Just tell me their names and when they register so that I can add them to this board.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Uh?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:05:08