Caviar for valentines day

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:45 pm
This will be a great hit with any caviar lover. A great time to give salmon roe as a present would be for Valentines Day
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 04:32 am
@arash010,
I vote no.
Bad enough to have to resort to one or two Altoids to cover the scent/taste of the garlic in the salad.

Joe(Waiter, I'll have the chocolate soufflé and a small bottle of Tom's Mouthwash.)Nation
roger

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 04:37 am
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, but you gotta admit salmon roe (gag) has a certain romantic appeal.
roger

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 04:38 am
@roger,
Sturgeon is for the masses, of course.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 04:59 am
@arash010,
just make sure you include protection in your valentines day festivities , don't want to have to give her roe vs wade for st. patricks day
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 05:24 am
@arash010,
nothin says "I love you" like a big heap o' salty fish eggs.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 05:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

nothin says "I love you" like a big heap o' salty fish eggs.

Now I understand the meaning of "red herring"
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:10 am
My vote stands.
Caviar at the wedding reception? Oh, yeah. Right on the edge of the plate of peeled shrimp or the (yum) lox. And, of course, a sip of champagne.

Caviar at a restaurant? Sure, right at the start of the meal with little rounds of toast and some dry white wine. (It doesn't alway have to be champagne.) Follow that with some nice oysters or clams on the half shell. (It's going to be a good night.) (Is that 2lb lobster ready yet?)

Caviar at home? Nah. Make a salad and dress it with anchovies that you've beaten into a paste with some olive oil and pepper. Bring on the pasta, then a little soup before the fillet mignon and little red potatoes appear. (How's that Cabernet doing for you?

And for dessert: little pieces of chocolate placed on top of the homemade sorbet you made from whatever fruit she likes best.

Is the room spinning?

Joe(yes. better let me hold you until it stops)Nation
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Caviar for valentines day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:54:07