Hoby of kings?

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:49 pm
Whether someone other than me has a hobby of collecting old coins ? Whether any of you have old coins that would send it to me. Because I only started with this hobby, so I liked to have from each country couple coins. It would help me a lot ? Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,961 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:07 pm
@Andrea23,
yes,I'd be glad to do that. First, please send $100 in US currency.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:20 pm
@Ragman,
This reminds me of the coffee bar guy in Rome who was collecting money from around the world. My husband gave him a dollar - surely long a part of his collection - for our amusement purposes. This was a place by San Giovanni Laterano, which I mention since as we left that great church afterwards. we were approached by a german fellow (Dusseldorf) who claimed his wife's purse had been stolen, thus another bemused donation.

Not to be too cynical here, as I accumulated coins as a kid myself and still keep some from my travels for my own amusement - none of them are worth anything, since they are well used as they've all been in circulation. I won't be mailing them to anyone online.
Andrea23

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:35 pm
@Ragman,
hehe Very Happy i say old ocins that don t have any value.. Smile
0 Replies

Andrea23

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi there, i just ask something..automaticly i am a thef if i ask some thing ? Very Happy have a nice day Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:48 pm
@Andrea23,
I have no idea what motivation propels your hobby. Maybe you just like holding coins and seeing the different engravings on them - a lot of us like that too.
Andrea23

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:22 pm
@ossobuco,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numismatics Smile
fobvius

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 09:36 pm
@Andrea23,
I have some old coins stamped 75 BC that you can have.
0 Replies

Stugotz

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:02 pm
@Andrea23,
I have a few Roman coins dating back to 100-200 AD. You can find these on Greed Bay. They find alot of these coins in modern day, farmers fields. many times before a battle, the common soldier to the highest ranking ones, would go on a walk about and bury their coins, so that if they survived the battle they could once again find them.
0 Replies