Microsoft Lifecam VX-6000

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 11:46 am
My webcam is a Microsoft Lifecam VX-6000. I Had it installed on my old computer running Windows XP. A few months ago I bought a new computer running Windows 7. Everything works but when I play back the sound is garbled or a lot of static. I can't correct the problem. Could it be that my webcam is not compatible with windows 7? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,791 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 11:52 am
@Victor Murphy,
Did it ever work properly since you have the new Win 7 OS computer?

When you google that model of camera, you get the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-vx-6000

Have you loaded (or reloaded) the drivers for your camera? Generally speaking , Win 7 OS should automatically recognize the device and configure it properly.

Is all audio playback through your speakers staticy or garbled? or the audio only in playack using that camera and mic?

Have you tried to reset the microphone settings? Is it only on certain applications you notice this...like using Skype.

Are you using a wireless router? If you are, trying moving the camera or the wireless router further apart or closer if too far apart.

For further troubleshooting info, see the follwoing site. This should be a real help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/d30e26f0-b900-4dc3-bccf-ece34d4b73e6
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 03:41 pm
I only have sound problems when using my webcam. The microphone works fine. All sound is good except with the webcam! I have no problems with Skype either I just used it twice today! Maybe the webcam mic is bad!
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:08 am
@Victor Murphy,
I'm confused because when you use Skype, then you're using the mic.
Are you saying the person hears you OK when you use the mic on Skype?
If so, there's nothing wrong with the mic. The problem lies within whatever application you're using -- albeit the mic setting or the application has some issues.

Wait! Are you saying it's actually your speakers that are the problem..or is it your mic? I'm confused about where you are reporting the problem.
0 Replies