Miracles of the Qur'an

igm

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 06:50 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

I've only been here less than two years, but it is the sense I've gotten in that time. Not that I have you or any other specific members in mind - and again I'll stress some atheists, but I do feel that if the OP had been a christian describing miracle accounts of their bible this thread would have at least a few more choice posts.

One word 'fear'.... Christians aren't feared ... Islam is... and for good reason ... annoy the wrong set of Muslims and somebody, somewhere might die! That's the fear real or imagined.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:07 am
@thack45,
In the first place, there are far fewer whack-a-loon christian posters here. The ones who do show up get hammered regularly. The people here provide equal opportunity scorn, too. That Canadian loon who got bounced from here for spamming the site in his threads started a thread on religion--one about religion being based on lies--and he got hammered just as badly as any christian does. Basically, there was a tacit understanding after the religion wars here, which held that if a poster was not crowing about the superiority of his or her delusions, and wasn't bashing others, he or she would be left alone. In those days, christians or muslims (and one whacky, bigoted Jew from Israel) got routinely hammered for just sticking their heads up. These days, they get left alone, so long as they're not ranting or belitttling others. Just as soon as they start ranting, though, the gloves are off. You really have no idea how bad it once was.

Personally, i always found it most effective, in the way of running off Muslims, to ask about Mohammed being illiterate and what kind of sick creep marries a nine year old girl. A lot of them told me i was "dirty" and left, others tried to defend the marriage to Ayesha before telling me i was dirty and then leaving. If one wants to, it's easy to jerk the chain of any fanatic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:09 am
There was, by the way, a recent thread in which the author wanted to discuss how wonderful Jesus is with any other christians here. There wasn't any ranting, and no claims of superiority, so the thread got left alone--left alone by the christians, too. It died from a lack of interest.
0 Replies