What are some good web forums and message boards to discuss Taiwanese society, culture and language?

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:15 am
Hello. I am interested in and am doing research on Taiwanese culture and language and society. I would like to know what are some good web forums and message boards to discuss these things?

I know of sites like:
Forumosa.com
Taiwan Ho!
Asiafinest.com
Asianfanatics.net

The first two are exclusively about Taiwan and the other two have sections for stuff about Taiwan. I had issues with these sites.

What are some other sites where I can discuss Taiwanese things- language, society and culture, etc. besides these four, either Taiwanese discussion forums and message boards and/or Asian discussion forums/message boards that have Taiwanese sections where I can discuss these things? Sometimes Asian entertainment sites (general Asian or Taiwanese entertainment sites) have sections where you can discuss anything having to do with Taiwan or Taiwanese language, society and culture.

Can you discuss these things on expat sites?

The only one I know of off-hand is

Taiwanease.com

but that is run by and created by the same person who runs Forumosa.com. Razz

Please help me out and please list as many sites as you can - thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,112 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 11:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Gave up on Greenlandic culture already?

http://www.able2know.org/topic/175459-1

Perhaps you should find ONE item of subject matter and stay with that, instead of prancing around, like a just-neutered gazelle, from topic to topic to yet another topic for your alleged future comic books and alleged research. Constantly changing from one thing to another will leave you with little more than the equivalent of the dried crap already settled in your fishnet stockings.

Find an interest and stay with that.
jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 11:47 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Taiwan Ho!

Who you calling a Ho?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 11:59 am
@JGoldman10,
4chan
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 06:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Are you MAKING FUN OF ME?

I am making my comic MULTICULTURAL. I am writing about AS MANY CULTURES AS I CAN- AS MANY COUNTRIES AS I CAN.
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:34 pm
@djjd62,
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's funny!
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 02:38 am
@wmwcjr,
There are Chinese and Taiwanese people here- I am waiting for them to respond. They can probably help me with this.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 02:54 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am waiting for them to respond

I am waiting for someone to send me a winning lottery ticket that will net me at least $1 Million.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 02:58 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are you MAKING FUN OF ME?

I am making my comic MULTICULTURAL. I am writing about AS MANY CULTURES AS I CAN- AS MANY COUNTRIES AS I CAN.
This is outrageously comical given that you cant even understand the culture you have lived in for 40+ years, so you have zero chance of understanding any others.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 03:03 am
@hawkeye10,
I am NOT 40 years old.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 03:05 am
@hawkeye10,
I know about AFRICAN-AMERICAN culture if THAT is what you are talking about but I am NOT entirely interested in it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 03:05 am
@hawkeye10,
Like I said there are CHINESE and TAIWANESE people here- I'll PM them about this.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 03:12 am
@JGoldman10,
I am sure that they will be thrilled to hear from you.....
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 03:45 am
@hawkeye10,
The ONES who were KIND ENOUGH TO ANSWER MY OTHER ASIAN-RELATED QUESTIONS? YES, they would.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 12:57 am
It came to me to look up "Taiwanese discussion groups" and I found some links to discussion groups on Yahoo that might be able to help me- links to sites where I can ask the research questions I want to and discuss the research material I want about Taiwanese stuff. Smile

I am going to keep digging and continue to look elsewhere for other "Taiwanese discussion groups".
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 01:14 am
@JGoldman10,
Congratulations on your resourcefulness. Hope it works out for you.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 01:37 am
@Butrflynet,
Do you have any links to sites you would like to share?
0 Replies