Another road course: Bang away, boys!

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 02:44 am
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. A decade ago, Jeff Burton chased Jeff Gordon for the victory at Watkins Glen International, trading paint with the four-time NASCAR Cup champion on the final lap but settling for second instead of wrecking Gordon on the last turn of the race.

Don't expect Mr. Nice Guy behind the wheel when NASCAR goes road racing again on Sunday at the storied road course in the Finger Lakes of upstate New York.

"The last 10 laps of the races on road courses at almost every race, someone spins me out," said Burton, who has struggled mightily this year and sits 24th in points with no top-10s in the first 21 races of the season. "After Sonoma this year, I decided that there's a few of them that the next time I get to them I'm sending them around as quick as I get to them. That's what continually happens to me, and it's with the same people over and over. So, it's not happening again."

Read more:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 547 • Replies: 2
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 09:06 am
@kevinzhao,
kevinzhao wrote:
Read more:

Always good advice.
djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 09:17 am
@joefromchicago,
Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another road course: Bang away, boys!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:51:25