Lovatt's Baffler Colossus 135

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 01:49 pm
Stiff upper lip. My pattern is
"HL?G?
Surely it could not be phlegm? Any help gratefully accepted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 852 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 04:52 pm
@WendyLou,
It's phlegm.
WendyLou

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 05:44 pm
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah. I decided upon that because there's nothing else that will fit anyway. I've never thought of it connected with a "stiff upper lip". Just mucous. LOL
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 06:58 pm
@WendyLou,
I answered your question on FaceBook with a reference!
WendyLou

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 08:29 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Dutchy.....a Lovatts story for you...
I'm "Not Happy Jan"....won a $50 gift voucher with a code number and tried to log in online to redeem the voucher as per the letter sent to me with the voucher. No luck. Rang Lovatts directly and got onto a person with a lower intellect than the job required (excuse me for being sarcastic). I said to her I wish to redeem the fifty dollar gift voucher by purchasing Lovatts Big crossword for the next issues yet to be published. Answer: "Oh you want to subscribe to Lovatts?" I said "no, I am trying to redeem the fifty dollar value prize in magazine purchases". "Oh, you want back issues of Big Magazine?" I said "no". I want future issues of the magazine, which is what the prize implies and to give you my code number written on the prize voucher in order to be able to do so". "Oh, you have to subscribe to Lovatts in order to do that". I said "would that entail being subscribed for quite some months?" "Yes". In other words the fifty dollar prize voucher isn't worth a pinch of chicken sh..... Just thought I'd let you all know.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 10:28 pm
@WendyLou,
Hi Wendy
I can sympathise with your plight because last year I won 3 $50.00 vouchers. In the end I put them towards my subscrition fees where they were accepted. This year I won zilch! Have not renewed my scubscription this year because of Lovatts very poor delivery service. I have a friend in NSW who gets her books usually a fortnight before I get mine! You tell me how can I ever win a Fridge Magnet where first come gets the prize? Many times the magnets were won and I didn't even have my magazine yet. I contacted Lovatts about this and they said deliveries were outside their control. I now buy my magazines from my local newsagent.
WendyLou

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 11:14 pm
@Dutchy,
LOL re buying the mags at the newsagent. I do too.
When I rang Lovatts, the person on the phone sounded like she'd been snorting something, smoking whoopie weed (not that I'd know what that sounded like :-) or had a bad night somewhere. LOL. It's a pity because Lovatts publications are good. They're letting themselves down. I wonder what happens if you win cameras or portable DVD's i.e. whether anybody actually receives them.
I guess it's "goodbye" to the $50 gift voucher. :-(
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 11:16 pm
@Dutchy,
I did see that and forgot to thank my wordsmith buddy. Sorry Dutchy.
0 Replies