he denys my visitations can i go back to court for change of custody?

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:38 pm
we have shared parenting, he is residential for school purposes, i am "supposed" to have my 6 y/o son 1 or 2 weekday evenings from 6pm-9pm HIS FATHER REFUSES- we meet 3 weekends a month halfway for my visits, but he wont meet the 1 or 2 days per week b/c he says he cant afford gas , well its been ongoing for over a year, a new school yea is starting and if he does it again i want to go back to court- i really value that time with my son and so does his little sister who was just born, is this enough to modify the order? i want to be residential parent for school purposes, ive tried everything here, what now?
(also he does let me have him on my weekends and holidays with no problem, also i do pay child support and im up to date, and this order has been in effect since september 2010)
-ALSO we only meet 30 min. each way- so he drives 30 min. and i drive 30 min. cause we live an hour apart- so its like 1 gallon of gas to meet well 2 gallons
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,499 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:49 am
@justiceforhim11,
Head back to court -- this is exactly what Family Court is for, to resolve issues like this.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 07:37 am
Sorry, but I think a 6 year old having visitations 1 or 2 days in the mid-week (when you are so far away) is not good for him.

He will spend too much time in the car. He's too young right now for all that. IMHO.

Perhaps you could arrange to travel there one night a week, take him out for dinner in his town, and take him back in proper time for bedtime for a six year old. You should come to him.

My grandkids spend every Monday nite with their dad, E/O weekend with him, beginning on Thursay nite. But the parents live 10 minutes from each other. The kids seemed less stressed about it than all the adults. But they were older when all this took place.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » he denys my visitations can i go back to court for change of custody?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:00:08