Do you feel as if you're a better parent than your parents?

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 11:38 am
Do you? Are there some things your parents did that you completely disagree with and you'd never do with your own kids?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,458 • Replies: 2
No top replies

aidan

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 11:51 am
No - I am constantly amazed at what my parents did with six kids that I know, having had two of my own, that I might never have taken the time and trouble to do.
My mother made most of our clothes until we were all teenagers. My parents took all of us camping four or five times a year. They planted a garden and canned and froze a lot of our food. They took us all to church three times a week. When I think of how hard they worked and then still had the energy and time to do all of that stuff with us for years and years until the last one was out of the house - I find it amazing.

I might spend more time separately with my two kids than my parents did with me, but I know that I'd have never had as much time, patience and energy as either of them did if I'd been a parent to six kids.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:26 pm
@KaySpence,
Only by virtue of not having had children.
0 Replies