1

changes in vit d levels

cachorn

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 06:46 am
I am a 39 year old female and I recently had a 25-hydroxyvitam d total of 80 ng/ml. I had the same test done in November of 2006 and the results were 113 ng/ml. The doctor said it was the highest he had ever seen in Maine, but he did not tell me what this could mean. I have lived in Maine my whole life and get average sun exposure and I do not take a vitamin d supplement. What can account for the difference in the numbers and does this high level mean something is wrong?

Alinajagger

1  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:53 am
@cachorn,
Hi
ya there should be always changes in your diet or in vitamins
Vitamin D contains more calcium so you can take as per the need of your body.
Excess of Vitamin D may causes of kidney stone or many other proper. So always change the level of vitamin D

ossobuco

2  
Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 08:14 am
See this link for information on vitamin D. It covers both deficiency of vitamin D and toxicity of vitamin D. As usual, consult your doctor if you are reading this thread about your own need for vitamin D and what amount of supplementation is wise or unwise for you in your particular circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D