People that don't suck.

katya8

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:26 pm
A happy place to share the names and stories of all the famous or completely unknown (except for to you) people you like, love, and admire.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 940 • Replies: 17
No top replies

katya8

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:32 pm
I really admire Toby Keith for not giving in to hate when everybody dissed and censored his "Red, White and Blue" song, which was a psychologically healthy, normal, angry reaction to the horror of the 911 massacre.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:39 pm
Please don't take offense, but, I thought that song was a pathetic work, regardless of how one recieves the message.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:42 pm
I agree with Edgar, but no offense.

I absolutely love Keith Urban because he's real. What you see is what you get.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 06:06 pm
Hey, you're allowed to dislike the Toby Keith song and you don't have to admire him, but what about people YOU admire?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 06:18 pm
I admire Janeane Garafalo because she spoke her mind even at the cost of her stand up career.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 07:30 pm
about?
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 07:30 pm
The lead singer of Blind Melon.

Uber deep, poetic, emo, indie, dead...
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:34 pm
I like Sandra Bullock. She is hardley in the Tabloids or magazines. But when she gots the movie out she is in almost everything. But when she is not she is not even in a single magazine. Except for a side line ex. Sandra Bullock was at the Oscar Party and such. So when I hear Ben Afleck say that it is difficult to stay out of the lime light I laugh because even if it is difficult it isn't impossible. Sandra does it.

Then there is Britney Spears. She is young and has been in the public eye for a long time. She, from anything I have read, does not bad mouth others as much as she is bad mouthed. She can't even have the statment, "Everything done in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas" because everyone has to know what she is doing and when she is doing it and whom she is doing it with. With that kind of negative attention it is a suprise she isn't worse then what she has become. But I think she is holding together very well. And that the phase she is going through will pass, but with a friend like Madonna I think it might even come and go. The attention she gets is like the kid that is picked on at school. They get made fun of because of their clothes, or their hair, or their atitude, or who they hang out or how they sound. Every day they get up and have to hear it day end and day out and the only time they get any relief is when they are home with friends and family. But some kids get up and have had enough and have a bullet attack on the ones that caused the pain. This is why I like her. She takes all the attacks with a grain of salt and moves on. She has been through a lot for a 22 year old. And this is not so people can feel sorry for her, because that is asking way too much, considering most will say, "She is rich and famous let her deal with it she wants the money and fame she has to deal with the bad side." Well in all reality she doesn't have to deal. She could flip out and shot people. But she doesn't. Be thankful. She may be practiing right now.

The Dixie Chicks have been through hell and back. Who needs the CMA's to snub. Who needs Toby Keith to add to the hate. Though I do like Toby. They get harrassed for speaking what most American's agree with now. They got through it and will still be Coutnry Musics best sellers, even if they do by them to crush them (how stupid).
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:52 pm
I admire my oldest son more than anyone in the world.

Educabally mentally handicapped, chronic uncontrolled seizure disorder, he has had it rough. Drowning incident where he was declared dead and revived, I can't tell you how many times he's fallen and split himself open....middle and high school years a nightmare of cruelty from his peers...probably will never hold any kind of real job, drive, live independently, but he rolls out smiling most of the time, picks himself up and gets on with it.

Has his shitty moments like all of us do of course, but on the whole a great young man.

Anytime you feel like you have it bad I recommend highly checking out someone with a chronic lifetime disability and think twice about your own life.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:55 pm
I also need to include squinney. she is Stephens stepmother but has taken on the responsibility of him and done a hell of a job. She is also married to me. Can sainthood be far off?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 07:36 pm
Great question lemme think about it.

Thank for sharing that bear! I'm sure you are correct about your family!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 08:45 pm
Wow Bear. Your son sounds awesome. Bless you and your family.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:09 pm
Bear--People like Stephen and both my brothers are my kind of heroes.

My older brothers both have Fragile X Syndrome. They are in their late 60's now, so you can imagine the teasing and, sometimes, hatred they had to endure growing up.

Because they were my big brothers, I started questioning prejudice and bigotry very early in life, even though our parents were terribly bigotted.

They, like Stephen, always got up and got on with life, even when they were frightened, knowing they would be picked on.

Through lots of years volunteering with people with developmental disabilities, I've learned just how beautiful the human spirit is and how strong the will to live in dignity is even in the most severely disabled.

They are my heroes, because being a hero isn't doing something spectacular, but being strong enough to get up and live your life everyday.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 05:28 pm
I love Jeanette Lee - she's a pool champion and a very beautiful woman who wears nothing but black (I do too:-) and those black cut-off gloves of which I made myself a pair too......they sit in the car so that whenever I play pool I can wear them.

I am, of course, the world's absolute worst pool player, but I look good doing it, haha!
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 11:43 pm
I admire myself. I am the greatest being to ever live. Let me extoll my virtues:

*Most intelligent being ever (there can be no doubt)
*Very good looking (I can provide proof)
*Never misspleels aniethang
*Funny (Matter of opinion there)
*All-round perfect

And I'm not conceited of course, because that would be imperfect and as you can see I'm perfect.

So, all in, I think I am the best. I admire me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 11:49 pm
I guess the person I admire most would have to be Twisted Ferret. He's intelligent, very good looking, is an incredible speller, and might be the funniest damn person I've ever met.

I might just go so far as to say he's all around perfect.

I also admire Clive Bartidlonski, the owner of the local hardware store.

Other than Clive and Ferret... I can't think of a soul.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 12:05 am
Laughing I've changed my mind. I admire gustavratzenhofer now... He's intelligent, (prolly)very good looking, is an incredible speller, and might be the funniest damn person I've ever met.

I might just go so far as to say he's all around perfect.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » People that don't suck.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 06:30:12