when should i get off the pill?

cssbear

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:30 am
i am getting married in march and my fiance and i want to try to get pregnant right away. i have been on birth control for 10 years and i am aware that it may take some time for my body to begin ovulating again. i am prepared to use other forms of contraceptives until the wedding, so when should i get off the pill so my body is back to normal for my honeymoon time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,520 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

sozobe

Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:36 am
@cssbear,
When I talked to my doctor about this she said that it was really an individual thing. She said that I shouldn't expect to get pregnant until several months after I went off the pill, but that I might become pregnant immediately after stopping, and that was fine.

It ended up taking me about a year after I went off the pill to get pregnant. But again, it's very individual. It's not as simple as saying "if you stop taking the pill now, you will get pregnant in March."

I'd suggest talking to your doctor/ gynecologist to see if there is anything in your history that gives clues and to just generally get his/ her input. But when I was researching this (about 12 years ago), the bottom line is that you CAN get pregnant at any time after you stop the pill, but it's most likely that it will be at least a few months.

Some of the variables include how old you are and how long you have been on the pill. (But there are a lot of other variables, too, and many of them are unpredictable.)

Good luck.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 13 Jun, 2011 09:30 am
@cssbear,
My doctor told me that it usually takes about 3 months for the full effects of the pill to leave your body. That does not mean that you could not get pregnant right away - just on average it takes that long.

My first was right on the money - after 3 months being off the pill - bango; the second, it was six months.
0 Replies

David Bushey

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 10:40 pm
@cssbear,
Hello Community,

When you decide to stop taking oral contraception products, your body will take approximately two to three months to restore the natural levels of hormones in your body. The length of time needed to get pregnant after stopping birth control pills depends on how long it takes for a woman to start ovulating again. For some women, this may happen in as little as two weeks; others may need several months. Many women experience acne after going off the birth control pill, even if skin problems were not an issue before they started using it. Stopping birth control triggers acne because it changes hormone levels. Although many women see an improvement in their skin months after being off the pill, it can be an embarrassing and frustrating problem in the meantime.

Best Regards,
David Bushey
0 Replies

LucyJames

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:15 pm
@cssbear,
Hello Friends,

Although the most noticeable side effect—and a big reason why many women stop taking the pill—is an increased chance of becoming pregnant, other changes in your body can occur after you stop taking birth control. Luckily, most of the symptoms are mild and last only a few months as your system adjusts and resumes its own production of hormones. Here’s what you can expect after you stop taking the pill:
1. Post-pill Amenorrhea
2. Irregular Menstruation
3. Skin Changes
4. Weight Changes
5. Emotions

Thanks and Regards
Lucy James

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » when should i get off the pill?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:40:48