I honestly don't know why this site isn't more popular...

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:25 pm
And why it doesn't recieve more publicity.

It's an incredible forum filled with intelligent people and brilliant discussions on all manner of issues. It is a culmination of everything good about the internet. I imagine there are millions of people interested in partaking in such intelligent discussions with people all over the world over so many diverse topics.

Yet there are perhaps less than a thousand members while many other forums all over the internet have over a hundred thousand!!

There are many people who are interested in such a forum. I myself searched desperately at forums all over the internet for such a community. And it was completely by accident that I stumbled across this site.

Why isn't this forum mentioned in Wired among the top forums on the internet? Why isn't it talked about in other forums and sites all over the internet? It is without a doubt the best I've found. And it's vastly simpler and better organized than abuzz.

Why isn't it publicized?

This forum would be greatly enhanced if there were more members. there would be more discussions, more responses and inputs, more diverse viewpoints represented. We would all learn more and gain a better perspective if this forum had a larger more diverse membership.

Perhaps all this forum needs is a few more discussions about it on other popular forums and chatrooms (such as abuzz, ignboards.com). Perhaps with a few more dedicated members mentioning it at other popular places all over the internet and a few more dedicated members linking other forum members to a discussion on here about a topic they're interested in or inviting other intelligent members to join it, this can be achieved.

If any one knows of any similar or better forum to have intelligent discussions, please list it, pm it to me, or email it to me at [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,389 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Individual

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:09 am
there are actually more than 9000 members...
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:18 am
There are a lot of members, but not all are active, obviously!
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:29 am
true
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:17 am
... and a person need not post in order to be a member.

We're quite popular, actually, but growth takes time and that's a good thing. I wouldn't want to deal with the fallout of 100,000 people joining every month - I'm a volunteer, as are the other Moderators.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:41 am
Too much wild life I think....grumpy bunnies, wild bears.....B&D sheep....sassy dogs......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:21 am
I think people go to sites for a specific interest. This one is so diverse that people don't make an immediate connection and wander off (many of them).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:23 am
It figures, ya can't go anywhere without somebody dissin' the dogs . . .

Every time i go into town
The boys start kickin' my dog aroun'
Don't make no difference if he is a hound
They gotta stop kickin' my dog aroun' . . .

As if any self-respecting animal would choose to be a bear--ursine nonsense . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:31 pm
easy big fella......here, share this tasty bunny with me......good dog......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:51 pm
Hand me a leg, Bear.

And an ear, please.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 01:13 pm
OY!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 01:45 pm
Nee-yaa . . . What's up, Doc?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! Be vewy, vewy kwiet . . . i'm hunting wabbits . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:27 pm
I've a hankering for some stone soup. Which is where you boil stones in water, then toss any critter in the pot you are lucky enough to catch.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:47 pm
Er - isn't this a serious thread?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:52 pm
maybe once....
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 03:59 pm
...upon a time, there was a thread. Now, this thread was a good little thread that stayed on topic and never, ever was silly. But then bad unresponsible forum members came, and said to the thread, "Let's be silly! It's fun!" And they TRICKED the poor little thread!!! Then the thread became silly, and everyone made silly comments, like one that went "Once upon a time, there was a thread. Now, this thread was a good little thread that stayed on topic and never, ever was silly. But then bad unresponsible forum members came, and said to the thread, "Let's be silly! It's fun!" And they TRICKED the poor little thread!!! Then the thread became silly, and everyone made silly comments, like one that went "Once upon a time, there was a thread. Now, this thread was a good little thread that stayed on topic and never, ever was silly. But then bad unresponsible forum members came, and said to the thread, "Let's be silly! It's fun!" And they TRICKED the poor little thread!!! Then the thread became silly, and everyone made silly comments, like one that went "Once...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:58 pm
I think the little ferret has been following me around...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 05:09 pm
Individuals always attract twisted followers...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 05:15 pm
Are ferrets necessarily little? Isn't it all a matter of proportion?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 05:54 pm
They are definitely smaller than sheep - by a lot...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I honestly don't know why this site isn't more popular...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 10:22:20