I can't wait to see her finished report!

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:01 am
Quote:
For the past 61/2 months -- the bulk of her senior year at Toppenish High School -- the 17-year-old A-student faked her own pregnancy.

Only a handful of people -- her mother, boyfriend and principal among them -- knew Gaby was pretending to be pregnant for her senior project, a culminating assignment required for graduation.

Her teachers and fellow students, except for her best friend, didn't realize they were part of a social experiment.

Neither did six of her seven siblings -- including four older brothers -- her boyfriend's parents, and his five younger brothers and sisters.

"At times, I just wanted to take it off and be done," she says. "I didn't want to go through this anymore."

But Gaby didn't give up the charade until Wednesday morning, when she revealed her secret during an emotional, all-school assembly.

The topic of her presentation: "Stereotypes, rumors and statistics."

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2011/04/20/pregnot-toppenish-high-student-fakes-pregnancy-as-social-test-about-stereotypes-rumors

Wow. Just wow.

Would you have let your kid carry out such an experiment?

I don't think I would have. I can't imagine what that girl went through to pull this off.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,411 • Replies: 5
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:06 am
Who was her faculty advisor? Stanley Milgram?
znljubica

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 11:07 am
@joefromchicago,
What did her parents say?. I think she will ruin her life from the prank.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 11:22 am
@znljubica,
znljubica wrote:

What did her parents say?. I think she will ruin her life from the prank.
Ya, she has a ready made Freshman paper on "what happens to your life when you lie to people who care about you".
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 11:42 am
She has a great career ahead of her in undercover journalism!

Imagine the boss of such an organisation reading THAT on her CV (resumee)?

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 12:00 pm
@Old Goat,
Quote:
She has a great career ahead of her in undercover journalism!
Journalism in America is on its death bed, undercover work mostly died a long time ago...
0 Replies