Thumbs Up or the art of the Cross Country/Global Trek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:12 pm
I just finished watching the first 2 seasons of the documentary series Thumbs Up on Netflix streaming. A series created and starring two Korean filmmakers and graffiti artists, David Choe and Harry Kim.

And I guess all of their seasons including the third season can be found here:
http://www.vbs.tv/watch/thumbs-up/thumbs-up-season-1-1-of-5

The first season, the daring duos hitchhiked and hopped trains from California and ended up at least in Louisiana. They're destination was to New York but the very short series did end up short for whatever unexplained reason.

The second season, the pair of best friends started in Tijuana, Mexico, hitchhiked and hopped trains north bound through California to find their way to Alaska.

And I was wondering what cross country or globe trekking television shows, documentaries, books do you consume with reckless abandon?

My favorite traveler is the former Python alum, Michael Palin:
"Around the World in 80 Days" (7 episodes, 1989)
"Pole to Pole" (1992) TV mini-series (unknown episodes)
"Full Circle with Michael Palin" (1997) TV mini-series (unknown episodes)
"Sahara with Michael Palin" (2002) TV mini-series (unknown episodes)

And I haven't seen:
"Himalaya with Michael Palin" (2004) TV mini-series (unknown episodes) or most of "New Europe" (7 episodes, 2007)

Have you traveled across your country? Or traveled the world? AND NO, I don't mean picked a destination and went to another country or state and just flew there for a vacation or business trip. I mean hitchhike, drive, walk, boated, hopped trains, or flown by dirigible, etc... through large distances covering miles and miles across one side of states and/or countries to the other side.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,254 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
"Full Circle with Michael Palin"
"No Reservations" Michael Bourdain
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:50 pm
@dyslexia,
Michael Palin has a great mix of awe, sense of humor, sensitivity, and adventure.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 02:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
I used to like him too..

On a2k people who have made their way around a continent, I nominate Realjohnboy..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thumbs Up or the art of the Cross Country/Global Trek
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:23:34