Relinquishing Parental Rights?

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:10 am
I'm taking my daughter's father to court for child abandonment, again. Instead of going to jail again (yes, that's his reasoning), he has volunteered to give up his rights. However, he & I were never married, he never officially legitimated her, and there has been no paternity test. He does acknowledge that she is his, and that is not the problem. I'm trying to look on-kine for info on how to go about this, if it's even a possibility and what all would be involved. Does he have to be current on child support? Does he have to relinquish his rights to another person? Do we need lawyers, or can we just fill out a form and go to court? Any idea where I can look on-line? Thank you in advance!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,591 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:35 am
If YOU have custody, you can't take him to court for "abandonment.'

Do you live in the USA?

If so, his child support was established by a court. Contact that court for a hearing. they will direct you.
0 Replies
Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:36 am
Yes, you need a lawyer.
0 Replies

  1. Forums
  2. » Relinquishing Parental Rights?
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2023 at 08:49:21