Signature Lines--Why'd You Pick Yours?

Roberta

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:00 am
Just about a year ago, I started a thread about signature lines.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2164&highlight=

I was thinking of reviving it, but as I looked through it, I saw that many signature lines had changed.

So I'm starting a new thread. Why did you pick your signature line?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,409 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:11 am
I had had a lovely quote by Ayn Rand. I had to take it off, 'cause as a Moderator, I had to provide links in my sig for members to access. Sad
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:15 am
I love that poem and it sums up how i feel sometimes when i have too many irons in the fire/balls in the air
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:31 am
Im a beginning student of hypocrisy. I like to change my tag line every so often , it keeps fresh hypocrisy on the front burner.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:40 am
I suppose you could put the quotes below the link, Phoenix.

I just love that poem, The Companion. It could be one of my favourites; so visual, so engaging the emotions... and walking on and on without thinking of rest describes my life somewhat, but I walk on and on happily.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:46 am
dròm_et_rêve- Links take up a lot of space, as far as the code is concerned. It may look like I have just a few words in my sig, but there is an awful lot of code needed to make it. There is a limit on the amount of characters that you can use in a sig. Sad
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:55 am
I change my sig when I get a cool quote, many of you may remember the quote about the mongoose I used.

I haven't heard anything truly cool recently--so I guess I'll stick with the one I have
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 07:07 am
Got a mug with the Shaw-quotation from a fellow A2K-er, and since I like fine humour, ehem, light irony I mean (could it be be 'sarcasm'? :wink: ), I just changed to it.

Will change it sooner or later, since I change (now) my signature line more frequently.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 07:33 am
Time to change my sig... I'm hoping to do it every few days or so, just to get back in the practice of hauling out a new Seal Poem on a regular basis...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:14 am
Phoenix said "There is a limit on the amount of characters...."

That's for sure... I've run into problems because I like to make my signature line smaller, in italics and a different color. Several times, I've been informed by the system that I had run out of room. Then it's a scramble to make it all work.

The reasons for my signature lines are as varied as the lines themselves. I like change and poetry that speaks to me. For a while I changed my signature line every day. I copied, for example, almost the entire Millay poem, "Renascence," over the course of a month, one couplet at a time. I don't think anybody else noticed but I didn't care. I do things to please myself.

My current line is from the Bible... odd for a Pagan, I know, but this season is all about light. I love my signature lines enough that I save most of them on my profile page. I just disentangle them from their formatting code and drag 'em up there. Very Happy I've used a few again. Who knows, god forbid, maybe I'll run out of good lines.

I also love the image of my signature line being changed, not just on all the current posts, but on every post down the line from the beginning of the forum. Technology is 'mazing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:46 am
I change mine when I feel like it....I make up my own...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:58 am
Bi-Polar explained his signature process with this...

Quote:
I change mine when I feel like it....I make up my own...

I didn't realize you made your own signature lines, Bear.

I do the same thing. I guess we're kind of alike, huh, bear?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:17 am
two peas in a pod Gus but please...even in close quarters....hands off my ass.....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:18 am
Because I can read.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:21 am
Quote:
...but please...even in close quarters....hands off my ass.....

I shall try to restrain myself, Bear. Thanks for that cautionary note.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:42 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:
...but please...even in close quarters....hands off my ass.....

I shall try to restrain myself, Bear. Thanks for that cautionary note.

two pees in a urinal...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:53 am
don't know
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 04:16 pm
I'm not really sure, I guess it just makes me think.
I plan on changing it again.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:44 pm
Mine is because I love A2K :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:23 pm
I change mine often, whenever I see one I truly believe in.!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Signature Lines--Why'd You Pick Yours?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:14:14