Age of enlightnment and a new beggining

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:20 pm
Who really started it all and hows it going to end or change? Everything from god, synthians, egyptians, myaans, god, 7 hill city, edgar cayce, the last pope, end of time, to pole shift einstein.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 423 • Replies: 10
No top replies

arikmodisette3

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:22 pm
@arikmodisette3,
Im very interested in everything and would like to hear everyones views and opinions on any of these topics or others they lead to...
Fido

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 07:38 pm
@arikmodisette3,
arikmodisette3 wrote:

Im very interested in everything and would like to hear everyones views and opinions on any of these topics or others they lead to...
In the very asking of most questions, they are answered... So it is with that age that many advances in knowledge led not to more certainty, but less, and skepticism is healthy... I think the first steps toward the enlightenment were made in the middle ages by such people as Abalard, and Aquinus, and Occam; but even there among many were the strivings for a better clock which resulted in a mechanistic rather than a spiritual conception of the universe, and so, of God.... But the printing press was the final nail in the coffin of the age of faith... When the public could read the bible for itself they could see what a can of worms the Bible was that the Church always wanted to keep sealed... And it was the protestants who wanted to give the personal liberty of belief to all who taught people to read in order to have the Bible as their own... But once people learned to read they read everything, and rejected no knowledge...When knowledge became pedestrian, and ceased to be the property of a few clerics, humanity began to advance... And, strange as it may seem from this moment in time; the Protestants were rationalist... How is that for a few thoughts...

And if I may; The single greatest fact in regard to the enlightenment was not any sort of product of man directly, but only a side effect of human activity, trade to be specific.... When the first ship unloaded the bubonic plague in Europe, in killing so many they freed the wealth of many generations, capital which then fueled art and technology as never before and in the end resulted in the discovery of the Americas... Look at your calender... Look at how much of human advance followed that singular episode of misery... It killed many, but in doing so made lords kings and it made craftsmen into capitalists... The age was forever transformed...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:09 am
@arikmodisette3,
I am not even really sure what you are even asking. I am assuming you are referring to the 2012 phenomena or perhaps that and more but let me just focus on the aspect of the concept of prediction of this type.

Those people who ever they are who start or support these claims should have a responsibility towards them. What I mean is, if the claims do not turn out as claimed then anyone who was involved in their spreading or support should be held accountable for it. Why do I say they should be held accountable? Because many of these kinds of claims create hysteria in gullible people and in some ways people can be taken advantage of because of them. So anyone involved with them should be responsible. But what sort of action should they be facing then? Well in my opinion anyone who supports a claim that predicts the end of the world or some natural disaster on some large scale magnitude should lose the right to ever make or support another future claim. They have lost the right to start or spread them because their track record does not support their credibility. I think this is fair and not outside the lines of respect.

You make a false prediction then you should pay the price by never being able to make another prediction. Problem solved.

There are just too many people preying on the gullible with these kinds of predictions. I have nothing against a person who makes predictions, I just think they should be held accountable for them when their predictions do not turn out as they predicted. They shouldn't be allowed to continue making them if they are wrong.

I really doubt that this would have be put into place but it should and it is fair.
Fido

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 08:51 am
@Krumple,
This is the age of irresponsibility... Drop a little turd on the internet and watch it grow into a monster... When people are denied the truth they must guess the truth and some times their guesses are very dangerous... But why should the people be more responsible than government??? Their behavior makes me think the world is about to end, that they some how know we are doomed, and are pushing that doomsday as far down the road as they can to enjoy the here and now... Nothing else can account for their general irresponsibility in regard to the objects of Government... The churches can be forgiven their irresponsibility, but the people should not support it... Even if you think the world is going to end, you still have to prepare for the possibility that it will not, and that people, real people will have to suffer your mistakes...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 08:56 am
Why can't people who are interested in philosophy spell the word beginning correctly?
Fido

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 08:59 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Why can't people who are interested in philosophy spell the word beginning correctly?
Why do you worry about it??? In order to think it is not necessary to spell, read, or write... But it helps... And it certainly improves communication, especially with people who are anal on the subject of spelling...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 09:04 am
Bite me . . . it doesn't worry me, it amuses me . . . you, not so much . . .
Fido

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 09:20 am
@Setanta,
I might... My bite is worse than my bark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 09:58 am
Color me scared . . .
Fido

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:14 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Color me scared . . .
Sorry; my brush is too short... Color yourself.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Age of enlightnment and a new beggining
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:22:50