Now put that on your effing wall...

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 11:21 am
Quote:
A teenager went on Facebook and talked about his gang lifestyle, including murders and other badassery. Small problem: He didn’t do it. So his uncle made a video of the teen admitting he was being an Internet poseur, then whipping the teen with a belt.

Warning! Language! Violence!

Not safe for work!

I just don't know what to think....

I believe that violence at home can lead to a kid being violent elsewhere so while I agree with the uncle's message I think his tactics are hypocritical.

Many people are applauding his actions.

I'm sure others are trying to have him arrested for assaulting his nephew.

I'm also not sure if public humiliation is a good thing.

There have been stories in the past about parents publicly humiliating their kids (one story I remembered was a kid who had to wear a sandwich board saying "I stole from this store" while standing in front of the store).

Do you think this will stop the kid from posing as a badass or will it turn him into a for real badass?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 3
No top replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 11:22 am
@boomerang,
I think it shows that we live in one f'd up world.
boomerang

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 12:02 pm
@JPB,
I can't argue with you there.

I'm surprised at some of the comments elsewhere saying this is an example of "good, old fashioned parenting".
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm
While I believe in spankings, I don't believe in that kind of violence. And I certainly don't believe in humiliation, be it only in front of his siblings. That is reprehensible - I can't even watch it; it's enough that I know it's out there.

As to what affect this will have on him, it depends on what sort of 'punishment' works with him. I don't know.
0 Replies