Import from china for personal use

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2010 02:21 am
I am in India and want to order something from China for my personal use ? Do I still need to pay tax on it ? What would that be ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,213 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Barker Hicks

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 11:26 pm
@jnimport,
Hello,

A customs duty is the tax on the import and export of goods from one country to another. Customs departments of each country are responsible for the collecting and recording of duties received. This agency is responsible for overseeing and regulating the cross-border movement of goods, including animals, personal effects, and hazardous items. Different countries have different customs laws and therefore require different duties to be paid.The new regulations will impact the overseas online shopping services, because the higher entry barrier will harm Chinese buyers’ enthusiasm, leading to a slowdown in the whole online purchasing market. Many small online shops in China will shut down, because the price will only be a little different with items sold in China after the new rules.All goods shipped into and out of China are subject to duties. Duties will be paid by the consignor or shipper of the items. Duties are not applicable to a passenger's baggage or personal effects, which are considered separate from dutiable goods.

Best Regards,
Barker Hicks
0 Replies