Green Witch

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 04:49 pm
This works:
http://www.lowpriceforhome.com/images_products/technu.jpg
sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 04:55 pm
@Green Witch,
Yep.

I don't know if it's because of that stuff or I'm just not someone who has reactions to poison ivy, but in my whole epic battle with poison ivy I didn't get a rash or any other ill effects one time. I DID have skin contact a few times (even though I was extremely careful), and Tecnu-ed it off right away.

Day 2, kid said he still didn't see any poison ivy at all.

I went back and read some of my old threads about it and remembered the deep angst that whole thing caused, pretty amazing that it seems to be so well under control.
0 Replies

ChandlerF

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Do you still need any yard work done
Ragman

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 04:40 pm
@ChandlerF,
In the future you might want to note the time or date-stamp when replying as this is inactive thread. It's been dormant for for about 5 years. The people involved are no longer active on the forum.
roger

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:49 pm
@Ragman,
Doesn't mean the grass quit growing though, does it?
Ragman

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 10:45 pm
@roger,
and it's always greener over the septic tank, too.
roger

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:01 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks to Erma Bombeck
Ragman

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:04 pm
@roger,
Wise woman that she was.
0 Replies

Luzer

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 02:08 pm
@sozobe,
I think $15/hr. is good for rough yard work. I pay a 30 yr. old young man $12.50 per hour: makes $25 for two hours and $50 for four. I've always done raking and clean up myself, so I'm new to this too. I like doing two hours of work at a time. I found a nice young man ["crazy?", add?, inept?] anyway, I'm letting him go after 2 more hours of work this Sunday. I'll break it to him easy. He worked two hours doing a waltz with the wheelbarrow the first Sunday, plus an hour going hither tither with his head phones. I paid him 3 x $12.50 = $37.50. I rounded it up to 40, and I gave him $5 dollars extra and I told him I wanted to pay him for checking for ticks when he got home. I paid him $45 dollars for 3 hours = $15 per hour. I'm 57 yo and unprepared for retirement. I believe every capable person deserves $15/hr. young or old. Just not the guy I hired.
0 Replies

Buzzbea

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 12:16 pm
@sozobe,
Careful if your slope is "treacherous". You could be held responsible if he falls and gets hurt.
0 Replies

Buzzbea

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 12:22 pm
@engineer,
You are lucky to find a 16 year old who isn't too busy to baby-sit. It's been a long time since I've needed it, but I can see that the cost of daycare has gone up ten times what I paid a week. Therefore it makes sense that baby sitting costs should go up 5 times what I paid an hour.
0 Replies