Twin Nested Hierarchy

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 12:25 pm
Any comments on this? My impression is that it's largely a political attempt to accomodate genetics with taxonomy. Similar things happen in my field where people try to accomodate QM and classical physics when there isn't really any need. QM is the rock star, and classical physics wants to bask in the same spotlight. Shrug. As an engineer classical physics remains much more useful to me even if the prevailing opinion is that QM is more phenomenological.

Anyway, I 'm not a biologist so I was looking for other opinions on Twin Nested Hierarchy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 582 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:28 pm
@Resha Caner,
Thanks for bringing my attention to the term. In biology, the argument seems to be about the genotype being a prior to the phenotype, or whether environmental niches result in evolutionary convergence of phenotypes. Since the domain is biology in which "functional" ("telelogical") explanation is acceptable, it is unlikely to be reflected in physics.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Twin Nested Hierarchy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:02:38