Another strange one!

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:53 pm
Ok, I asked where was the strangest place you have ever had sex.

Now....whats the strangest, or most unusual holiday ritual you have ever been a part of....whether it be your own doing, or an invited guest. It doesn't have to be Christmas. But what raised your eyebrows....got you tickled, or just left you in total shock...or left behind some great memories?

Mine was our unusual Thanksgivings. We celebrated in the woods, during deer season. A whole variety of people. Pic-nic tables lined up, pretty table clothes...lol, fire going outside. The whole nine yards out in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. I guess what was so unusual about it, was the different religions we had gathered around the table. And the fact that the majority of them were not blood family. But family in a sense. It was men and woman that we hunted with. Some were Johavah Witnesses that never told thier wives what they were doing that day....one was our main chef. Some were Southern Babtist, others Pentacostal...Methodist, Catholic... A strange mix, but one full of character. Afterwards, we sit around the fire and listen to a man we called "Trainrobber", tell tall tales...for hours.

It got some pretty stange looks when we explained "OUR Thanksgiving", but it left Smile great memories.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 638 • Replies: 14
No top replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:59 pm
My friends and I have an annual wine day that went from 5 beginning participants the first year to last year of 200 until we got drunk and stopped counting. Or were incapable of it. It's your call.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:00 am
LOL......sounds like fun.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:02 am
And...same friends btw...we have an annual "Annual." It's in the sticks. We camp. It's rough though. Bring your own shelter. Three days out in the middle of nowhere.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:05 am
My MIL has been doing this thing called a 'Santa Sack' for a few years now. At first, I thought it was stupid. I think, so did some of the family. But we still do it. However, we've gotten used to it, and are starting to have some fun with it. it's a bit tough on the kids, but the older one's get it.

Basically, what happens is, everyone sits down in the living room. My MIL has bought three gifts for each person, and there are no name tags on there. The gifts are inexpensive, a few dollars each. So when it's your turn, you get to open a package. You can choose to keep it, or trade it with any other opened gift. So if you got a barbie doll, and wanted the racheting screwdriver, you trade. Of course, some of us trade to people that we want to have OUR gifts. . . so the big manly 21 year old uncle of by boys gets the barbie. . .

Anyways, we've gotten to have fun with it.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:06 am
We used to have "Divorce parties" on a friends ranch. We'd have cookouts, kegs and the whole nine yards. I guess giving it a name was better than just saying....."lets have a throw down and get drunk!"....cause thats what they were...lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:09 am
Turner that sounds like a blast. I may have to try that out this year...lol I could see some of the things I could come up with.....especially if I could get my SIL....somehow......ohhhhhhhyeaaaaaaaa......
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:18 am
I forgot to mention that she puts the name of the person who the gift is really for, and at the end we all swap to get our gifts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:30 am
I can't say that I've had any unusual holidays, but way back when a group of about 100 or so of us use to have a nice spot in the middle of the woods and in the winter we would all gather wood every weekend and go have our weekend bon fires. We never had a name for it, but if I were to come up with one it would be "the weekend drunken bon fires". We really had a blast out there. One guy that we called cowboy use to sit and sing with his guitar and it wasn't uncommon for some drunkin nut to get himself hurt because he pulled some stupid stunt like running through the fire. Poor guy tripped and fell in the fire, but he turned out to be ok after we all put him out, lol! Those were the days :-D
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:31 am
I used to host Christmas for the Homeless.
Ok, so my guests weren't homeless but they were often friends and family - less. I worked in the hotel industry for a long time, and during the holidays, many people have no where to go, so I would cook. I was always an odd group of people, from all over the world, with all kinds of traditions and normally we would try to incorporate them all.
Now, I volunteer at a shelter every holiday and cook for the down trodden. Let me tell you, there is nothing like helping out your fellow man to heighten the holiday mood.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:59 am
Pat on the back Ceili...not many would do that.

Montana...those were the days. I'm guilty there too. Ours did have a name....there was one we called the "Tram Jam"...and the other was "Possum Stompin nights"...lol Lots of halarious memories from that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:22 pm
Ceili
I also think it's wonderful that you do that :-)
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 05:38 pm
OK. before everyone thinks I some sort of a saint or something, one of my favourite events revolved around Divorce.
I worked at a bar and I arranged a Divorced & Bitter night. (I was newly single and very bitter)
Tons of people showed up and everyone was instructed to bring their divorce papers (copies because legally you can't destroy them) or other momentos. I set up a big bonfire and with all the pomp and circumstance we could muster, we lined the people up and got them to toss the papers ect. in and watched them burn, baby burn.
Then people were asked to tell us thier sob stories, the two most bitter - male and female - were then chosen and we performed a mock wedding (unbeknownst to the lucky couple). We had people acting as parents, guests, the padre, soloist(me) and so on. Everyone really got into the act, it was a blast.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 05:50 pm
That'd have to be the red-neck 4th of july party I was at outside Athens, GA. We played adult spin-the-pickle. Crazy tattoo/piercing/musician crowd.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 05:54 pm
Ceili, sounds like fun!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another strange one!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.1 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:21:32