Very true.
Way to go.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 05:24 pm
@zhjuan,
Quote:
How did you do your good deed of today?

It's too early in my day yet, to report any good deeds, zhjuan.
Thanks for putting the idea into my head, though.
I'll do my best to fit in at least one or two, later on. Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 06:48 pm

I told a friend that he had not been true to himself
by having failed to follow his natural interest into the health care industry. He knew I was right.

David
zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 06:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's really nice...Smile
The older I become, the more I appreciate advice as such that alway save me time lingering in circle until the day I come out of it.

It is so easy to fall into the norm than to admit the fact you are not what you and the people around you expected to be.

A childhood friend of my hubby is a nice guy. He telephones my hubby very often, complaining about his life is always miserable. He watches his money very tightly, so much that he would not spend any penny on himself or anyone else, whether right or wrong. 16 years after I first met him, seeing him lives so tightly and miserably, I remind him to enjoy his life while young as well as manage money well. He was very surprised to find out I notice he is very tight.

Well, most people in that group have noticed that he never brought anything to all parties as well as paying for his share. We accept that he is tight and we love him as it is so we never intent to make a big deal about it. I decided to point it out to him because my hubby cares about him and I feel sorry for him as well. I was very concerned that he might had been very offended to hear what I had to said. It turns out that he was intrigued by it.
zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 06:35 pm
@msolga,
No Problemo! Wink
Don't forget to let us know "how"you did it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 06:55 pm
@zhjuan,
zhjuan wrote:
That's really nice...Smile
The older I become, the more I appreciate advice as such that alway save me time
lingering in circle until the day I come out of it.
I contrasted his situation with that of another acquaintance of mine, whose wife I used to date, before thay got divorced.
He was around 60, when he decided to finish college and apply for admission to a law school,
with the intention to become a lawyer and a judge.
If he got admitted to practice law about age 65, then he 'd be starting
his professional career around the time that most fellows r retiring therefrom.
He tried to convince me to finance his law school tuition; I did not accede to his wishes.

zhjuan wrote:
It is so easy to fall into the norm than to admit the fact you are not what you and the people around you expected to be.

A childhood friend of my hubby is a nice guy. He telephones my hubby very often, complaining about his life is always miserable. He watches his money very tightly, so much that he would not spend any penny on himself or anyone else, whether right or wrong. 16 years after I first met him, seeing him lives so tightly and miserably, I remind him to enjoy his life while young as well as manage money well. He was very surprised to find out I notice he is very tight.

Well, most people in that group have noticed that he never brought anything to all parties as well as paying for his share. We accept that he is tight and we love him as it is so we never intent to make a big deal about it. I decided to point it out to him because my hubby cares about him and I feel sorry for him as well. I was very concerned that he might had been very offended to hear what I had to said. It turns out that he was intrigued by it.
I know an ex-friend like that; sad.
If I had pointed it out, he 'd have been offended.
I am hedonistically inclined.

David
zhjuan

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I agree with you that it takes time to manage a career and it is quite true that it is not the suitable stage of life for your friend to pursue the dream. I think you are very kind to share your valuable experience and knowledge with him. Wink

As I grow older, I am hearing myself using wise phrases a lot... I wonder is this one of the unescapable sign that a person is getting closer to mid aged, along side with Floater. Smile

Confucius's own account of his gradual progress and attainments.

At fifteen I set my heart upon learning.
At thirty, I had planted my feet firm upon the ground.
At forty, I no longer suffered from perplexities.
At fifty, I knew what were the biddings of Heaven.
At sixty, I heard them with docile ear.
At seventy, I could follow the dictates of my own heart; for what I desired no longer overstepped the boundaries of right.

I think this is quite an interesting insight. Not everyone can achieve the state of mind right on the same age but I think the statements are quite true to life.

I believe good timing is awfully important to all actions.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:25:12