Why is Light Quicker than Sound <?> XXX

Thomas

Sat 23 Oct, 2010 10:04 pm
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Because we happen to live in a universe that follows Einstein's special theory of relativity. Light is quicker than everything.
OmSigDAVID

Sat 23 Oct, 2010 10:36 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Pepijn Sweep wrote:
Because we happen to live in a universe that follows Einstein's special theory of relativity. Light is quicker than everything.
That 's BECAUSE sound is slower than lite.
IF that were not true,
then lite 'd not be quicker than everything.

(altho it might be faster than everything except sound)
Setanta

Sun 24 Oct, 2010 06:31 am
@maxdancona,
I did not deny what you have posted, either explicitly or implicitly. Had you been paying attention (and it apprears that you were not), you'd have noted that i had already pointed out that light can travel through a vacuum, with the implication that sound cannot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 24 Oct, 2010 06:32 am
@north,
north wrote:
light does not need a medium in order to reach out , into

sound needs a medium , such as air

This point seems to have been lost on some of the people responding to this thread.
0 Replies

Thomas

Sun 24 Oct, 2010 07:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Thomas wrote:
Pepijn Sweep wrote:
That 's BECAUSE sound is slower than lite.
IF that were not true,
then lite 'd not be quicker than everything.

(altho it might be faster than everything except sound)

I acknowledge that I haven't provided any reasoning for the proposition that nothing possibly can travel faster than light. But that's because the special theory of relativity is impossible to explain within the length of a typical A2K post. To understand the background, you'll need to read the book.
0 Replies