....And on the Top of the Christmas Tree?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:32 pm
What to your mind is the "proper" sort of ornament to occupy the top of your Christmas tree?

I favor a star, myself, but, Each to his own taste," said my grandmother as she kissed the cow.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,802 • Replies: 20
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:45 pm
When I was a lad, my mother had (still has) a ceramic Santa figure with a really nasty expression. We used to put him at the top with a cigarette butt in his mouth.

My ex favors a rather sappy angel. I got a kick out of putting the tree up her nether region.

But... now Mrs. SealPoet and I... my ex gave us a very nice crystal ornament. It was a wedding present from the first time around. It was given to first wife and I by... my old girl friend

...who is now Mrs. SealPoet.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 02:32 pm
Oh the tangled webs we weave.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 02:35 pm
anything but an angel. Iy reminds me of the punch line to a joke I cannot recall. The punch line is
"Oh yeh, howd you like to sit up here with a tree up your ass"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 02:38 pm
Star - with lights
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 03:20 pm
A sparkling star
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 03:38 pm
I prefer a star. No flashing lights please. Can't stand disco trees. A huge bow is another look I like. Those spikey glass tree toppers are much nicer grouped in a collection on the mantle.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 03:59 pm
Spike. Our tree looks like it belongs in the Kremlin.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:00 pm
But that's nothing compared to the huge cross in the front yard with my annoying neighbor nailed up on it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:01 pm
We have an angel.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:14 pm
I haven't found any tree toppers that I really like so, nothing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:23 pm
Dang, cjhsa stole my cross joke...it's a spike this year. I don't mind the angel, just for the humour value. Sadly, our new property manager has banned crucifixions from the building this year, due to excessive wailing that was supposedly disturbing the other tenants.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:38 pm
I don't know what mine is. It's a handblown glass ornament that I call a star but isn't one of those 5- pointed 2-D things -- it's 3-D, like a clear glass sea urchin or something. It has a long "stem" that I lash alongside the topmost vertical branch, then put one light from my string of white lights in back of it, so it's all sparkly.

Love the SealPoet wedding gift story.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:41 pm
I'm sure the wailing would stop after a few days, wouldn't it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:45 pm
Well, it does InfraBlue...but one complaint and they bark down our throats, you know....typical property owners...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:49 pm
I prefer Angels because of the splendor and pretiness of the get-ups they wear. I've always loved looking at the really expensive ones (the one's I'll never bother to pay for).

The angel that tops my tree now has a gold gown w/ kente cloth trimming.
0 Replies

HoneyBises

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:05 pm
My grandma used to use (fake) doves to top the tree. They'd be facing each other and holding a red ribbon between them -- as if they were decorating the tree themselves! Surprised
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:37 pm
I preferred a star when I used to put up a tree.
We'd better not talk about all the angel toppers I got for Christmas the year I got my house. I still don't know what to do with them. I am NOT an angel collector.
0 Replies

innie

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
i like stars, personally. it doesnt seem to favor a religion and it looks good with any type of tree :wink:
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:10 am
cavfancier wrote:
Sadly, our new property manager has banned crucifixions from the building this year, due to excessive wailing that was supposedly disturbing the other tenants.

Laughing

Isn't preventing crucifixions an infringement on your human rights? FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO.... NAIL PEOPLE TO CROSSES!

As for me, I prefer stars too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ....And on the Top of the Christmas Tree?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:21:19