Is It Possible To Say Nothing?

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 09:46 am
Hi Guys!

I was just reading over my 'Does Nothing Exist' Thread-updates, (It can't, by the way - On any level) and I came accross a phrase that sparked my imagination.

So I ask you this: Is it possible to say nothing?

Thank you all!
Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 5
No top replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:03 am
It may be tricky but it is the best way to get my husband to say something and should be taught in high school.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 05:09 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Guys!

I was just reading over my 'Does Nothing Exist' Thread-updates, (It can't, by the way - On any level) and I came accross a phrase that sparked my imagination.

So I ask you this: Is it possible to say nothing?

Thank you all!
Mark...

Not so long as actions speak louder than words...They echo.
0 Replies

A Lyn Fei

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:58 am
@mark noble,
One can say the word "nothing". But, if you are a mute and you cannot speak, it does not mean you say nothing. It simply makes the verb "to speak" irrelevant to your particular existence. Nothing is inherently something. Besides, a mute person still communicates. Even Hellen Keller communicated fairly well.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:27 am
Hi.

Just to clarify,

If something is said, whether verbally or physically, The transmitter must be alive and transmitting information, consciously.

So how can a transmitter of imformation not be transmitting information?

And - As 'NOTHING' (Once Again) does NOT exist (on any level), how, may I ask, can a transmitter of information be transmitting what is not?

Not transmitting is not the same as 'saying' nothing. It is not saying 'something', not not saying 'nothing'.

Is this not quite clear?

Cheers!
Mark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:37 am
I wasn't going to bother with what i suspected would be tripe, but then i saw that someone had tagged this "Oh the irony," and i justed wanted to drop in to say how hilarious that is.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is It Possible To Say Nothing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 06:20:25