Colbert Testifies to Congress on Immigrant Laborer Rights

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 09:55 am
I just got done watching the panel, that included Steven Colbert, testify in front of Congress. Did anyone else watch this? I thought it was very interesting. No link yet for video on the C-SPAN website, but I'm sure it will be up in a few hours.

Here is a transcript of his testimony: http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/Colbert100924.pdf

There was a very interesting Q&A session at the end as well (not included in transcript text).

Discuss.

A
R
The report
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,875 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 10:27 am
Congress as comedy, what a concept!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 02:25 pm
Video: http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2010/09/24/HP/A/38516/House+Judiciary+Subcmte+Hearing+on+Immigration+and+Farm+Labor.aspx

A
R
T
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 02:39 pm
@failures art,
I saw the video on the Washington Post website this morning; it might still be there. Yes, interesting. I liked the end bit..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 09:23 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON – The House's No. 2 Democratic leader says comedian Stephen Colbert's (kohl-BEHR's) testimony last week on immigration was "inappropriate" and "an embarrassment."

Colbert was invited to appear before the House Judiciary Committee by Democratic Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California. But other Democrats weren't happy about her decision.

The committee chairman, Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., asked Colbert to leave the room at the beginning of the hearing because Colbert has no expertise in farm labor issues or immigration policy.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland tells "Fox News Sunday" he thought the episode was more of an embarrassment to Colbert than to the House. But, he added, "I think it was inappropriate" that he testified.
0 Replies