It's A Wonderful Life' The Movie.

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:53 pm
Hi!

I think this to be one of the most influencial movies in my earlier years. I just posted someone who hasn't ever seen it. I am astounded by this revelation.

Have any more of you not seen it?

Thank you!
Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:05 pm
@mark noble,
I never saw it in entirity its. I can't stand it, too damn sappy for my sneezes. Seen parts of it over the years., the beginning and then the end when waiting for the news to on come.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:08 pm
@Sturgis,
Good for you Sturgis. I've seen it far too many times in my life. And I haven't seen it for 10 plus years. Used to watch it every year for at least 15 years when I was growing up. My family would watch it together almost every Christmas season. The Wizard of Oz was another dreadful yearly family event but to a slightly lesser extent.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:36 pm
@mark noble,
I still watch it most years, but I think "Miracle on 34th Street" holds up better, speaks to our times better.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 09:12 pm
@mark noble,
It's on here at least 34 times each Christmas, so yeah, I'm sick to death of the damned movie. Blah, blah, blah.
0 Replies

Arjuna

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 06:22 am
I think I've seen it about 134,280 times. It's like visiting the ocean.... I change, but it never does.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:23 am
I haven't seen it for 30 yrs or so. But It is the realisation of one's importance to others that I touch upon. Hexhammer's being quite critical of himself of late, and I suggested he watch it, for he never has.

I know after it has been seen, it becomes tedious, BUT, surely it needs to be seen ONCE, don't you think?

Anyway, thank you for the replies.
Have wonderful lives!
Mark...
Arjuna

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 08:41 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I know after it has been seen, it becomes tedious, BUT, surely it needs to be seen ONCE, don't you think?
Yea, but you're not going to be able to quote every line in the movie if you only see it once.
mark noble

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 01:52 pm
@Arjuna,
The only line worth quoting is that of 'van doren stern'
'Each man's life is important because it touches that of so many others.'

Along those lines, anyway.

Mark...
0 Replies