Please Don’t Encourage Them!

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:35 pm
Please Don’t Encourage Them!?
by Lex / April 6th, 2010

Despite your complete loathing for the book or you stupidity for owning them, no one can deny that Stephanie Meyer has succeeded at least one thing: making money. Somehow she’s found a cult of fans who will spend their money on anything with an apple printed on it. So many people are starting to wonder . . . why isn’t there a video game yet?

SHHHHHHHH! Let it go! They’ve practically taken over everything else as it is…

However, for the purpose of conversation, it’s a decent question. Not only does the Twilight world seem to intrigue all young teen girls, but the brand has the potential to spread all the way up to women in their 20’s and 30’s. It is possible that they’re being careful, since they would have to be careful about targeting the right audience. Or, they could just be unaware of the benefits of the game market. Either way, it’s been approximated, that publishers could be looking at a seven figure sum if they explored the idea.

I just ask we keep this on the down low … I was kind of enjoying seeing other merchandise in the window of Hot Topic again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 555 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:51 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I think this writer is a big snob and I'm not sure what the problem is. Books like Twilight, Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket (sp?) etc. get young people to read and support publishers so they can publish less block buster type books for people who like to read history, philosophy, poetry etc. Who cares if some 16 year old wants a T-shirt with a sexy vampire on it? When I was 16 I had a T-shirt with the face of Vincent Van Gogh, does that make me a better person?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Please Don’t Encourage Them!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:06:25