Moms birthday :-D

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:05 pm
Brand X wrote:
Sounds nice, Montana, I'm about to venture over, won't mom be surprised to see all her offspring!

drom, phone the cousin, it'll be a reunion like mom's never seen, and dad will be surprised too. Shocked

Well, looks like mom has been real bad because my dad passed away back in 86, so can I borrow your dad?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:07 pm
Mom thanks everyone for the Happy Birthdays. She didn't think we forgot her birthday after all, she forgot it was her birthday, hahaha!!!! Boy, was she surprised, LOL!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:09 pm
Now I've got to go out and get things ready for the big snow storm we're getting. Anyone wanna help? ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 02:34 pm
Oh brother, do I feel like an idiot! Mom was very surprised because her birthday is actually tomorrow. I looked at the calendar real quick the other day and I guess I looked at it too quick because I thought the 7th was today. What a dope I am. Mom didn't even say a word. I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that today was the 6th. When I mentioned it to mom she laughed, LOL!

I feel like I just lost some sisters and a whole new family I made today.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:03 pm
Oh, Montana, we're still your extended family, and my dad would be glad to be borrowed. Mom loves you anyway, even if you got her a cake in June it would be fine with her cause all she wants is you to be near and thinking of her.

Now, what is it we need to do for that pesky storm?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:08 pm
Montana wrote:
Oh brother, do I feel like an idiot! Mom was very surprised because her birthday is actually tomorrow. I looked at the calendar real quick the other day and I guess I looked at it too quick because I thought the 7th was today. What a dope I am. Mom didn't even say a word. I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that today was the 6th. When I mentioned it to mom she laughed, LOL!

I feel like I just lost some sisters and a whole new family I made today.

Aw no... it happens; it happens. Your sisters will get over a little mistake, and, if not, at least you have a reasonable brother and cousin.. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:08 pm
Brand X
That's very sweet. Thanks so much and I'm honored to be a part of your family :-)

Yeah, this storm is going to kick some butt. I had to break out the snow blower and the shovels today. I also had to go get some wood for the emergency wood stove and some lamp oil incase we lose the power. They say we are getting lots of wind, which is when that power goes out. I'm prepared I tell ya ;-)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:20 pm
Dayum! You are in for it! If I got a storm like that, which is very rarely ever here in the SE US, I'd just be freakin' out of luck.

When we got that huge blizzard in 1993, my nephew was visiting me on his spring break from college, we were snowed in for 4 days, no power. All I had was candles, but enough food to snack on, luckily. I'm not a big fan of snow, usually when we get it, it last only a day or two then melts away. We're more likely to ice which is even worse, here no one knows how to drive in snow, much less ice.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:31 pm
I'm used to it after spending most if my life in the Boston area and a total of about 5 1/2 years of my life here in Canada. People where I live can't drive when the roads are clear, so I stock up on whatever I need for atleast a week before a storm and prepare myself to the fullest. The only thing I haven't done yet is fill all out big pots with water. Since we have a well, when we lose the power we lose the water as well. We will all jump in the shower tonight (one at a time of course) before the heavy white stuff starts, which will be early in the morning.

I know what you mean about freezing rain being worse. Last year we got nailed with 3 freezing rain storms with 2 of them being back to back. We lost our power for three days, which is when I decided we needed to get an emergency wood stove in here. We were lucky that we were able to get out to go rent a cottage up the road, but if it was snow, we would have been up the creek. I don't mind being stranded for a few days as long as I'm prepared.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Moms birthday :-D
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:33:25