Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:16 pm
about an hour ago the door bell rang; I answered it. A young man (in his 20's) said as I opened the door "Pest control?" I said "we've got it covered, the lady has me on a short leash" he just kinda looked at me blankly then said "so you've got it covered?" I said "yeah."
sometimes (not often) I feel sorry for people who ring my door.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 1,696 • Replies: 28
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:32 pm
ha!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:17 pm
@littlek,
Eh, as usual, I don't answer my door bell. I'm from California, you know, and have lived off and on as a woman alone. Do you know about red lining, you champion of xeriscape, that I've been doing for 30 years? You prince of anti california?

Well, anyway, four cars were shot here on my street this week. They skipped the sheriff car.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
whatever.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:37 pm
@dyslexia,
lol
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 10:00 pm
@dlowan,
lol?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 10:02 pm
@dlowan,
duck rabbit.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 10:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Noooooo, rabbit doesn't need to duck.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 12:16 am
@ossobuco,
Osso, if you click on the "quote name", it will take you to the post that the person is referencing. A click on the "Dyslexia" in question reveals that the lol was in reference to the original post.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 12:33 am
I'm lol'ing the original post.
roger

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 12:35 am
@Roberta,
Visiting the Dys can be memorable. You know he keeps a rifle by the door -- in case of missionaries?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 01:27 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Eh, as usual, I don't answer my door bell. I'm from California, you know, and have lived off and on as a woman alone.
Do you know about red lining, you champion of xeriscape, that I've been doing for 30 years? You prince of anti california?

Well, anyway, four cars were shot here on my street this week.

They skipped the sheriff car.
Y do u imagine thay left HIM out?? Discrimination?

What is red lining ?
0 Replies

willims

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 05:36 am
Hi
pest control. Ancient Chinese and Egyptian cultures are known to have used chemical pest controls[citation needed]. But it was only with the industrialization and mechanization of agriculture in the 18th and 19th century, and the introduction of the insecticides pyrethrum and derris that chemical pest control became widespread. In the 20th century, the discovery of several synthetic insecticides, such as DDT, and herbicides boosted this development. Chemical pest control is still the predominant type of pest control today, although its long-term effects led to a renewed interest in traditional and biological pest control towards the end of the 20th century.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 06:55 am
My dog is between these type people and my front door. They do not realize how friendly she is. They just note she is big and doesn't mind barking. Needless to say, we do not get solicitors. Even the mail carrier sits outside and honks. Kids wishing to mow the yard are afraid to pass through the gate. Heh heh. But the meter reader pats her head after doing his job.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 07:32 am
well now you all know why I am the prince of anti california; it's all about pest control. my next thread topic will probably be about wind shears, micro-bursts, leaking windows and why I hate california. I may mention that italy has been a successful anarchy for over a 1,000 years. Sally dog really likes Edgar, she wouldn't leave him alone the entire time he was here, very similar to Dante cat and Thomas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:21 pm
Me and dogs is about the same mental level.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
Edgar, did you just visit Dys and Diane?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:50 pm
@littlek,
Not recently, K. But I would go back in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:52 pm
@dyslexia,
Knock knock...
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 05:15 pm
@Izzie,
Who's there?

1. Forums
  2. » pest control
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:30:54