How do i make....

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:05 pm
...a reindeer hat/headpiece?

I'm looking for this year's 'christmas craft' for my girls to do, and I've settled on reindeer antlers. I've checked online and there are some really good ones, but I thought I'd check with you all first. If anyone has a pattern for something super-simple in the way of making antlers - I'd love to know.

I dont want to do all the cutting and whatnot - I want them to be as involved as they can, they're 3 and 5.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 7
No top replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:42 pm
ehBeth is the local antler expert! (She and her avatar have been known to wear them occasionally.) Hopefully she'll have a tip or two...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:45 pm
http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/antlers.html

http://www.thebestkidsbooksite.com/craftdetails3.cfm?CraftID=446
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 03:31 pm
Deer shed their antlers after the rut. Go out in the woods and find some, then give your kids the antlers and some superglue. Worked for me.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:15 pm
I could help you make your husband wear the horns.

But I won't.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:25 pm
Oh, good point about Beth. . . I was thinking you could buy some simple headbands and some felt from a craft store, and then have your girls draw what they think look like antlers into some cardboard or cardstock. . . then have them cut that out and trace the pattern onto the felt and glue the felt on either side, and then attach to headband. . .

But Beth's are doubtlessly prettier :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:21 pm
hehehehe

looks like it may be time for me to change back into my seasonal avatar. i'll have to see where that's stashed.

i like P'ash's idea - simple AND effective. Don't forget a bit of glitter and some bells that can be hot-glued on. Both the 3 and 5 year old should be able to hot-glue with some very careful supervision (I've done it with 3 year olds without any injury to anyone).

I bought some 'baby' antlers for Miss Cleopatra last year. They had sparkles and feathers! I'll have to take some pix of her this year.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
thank y'all!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do i make....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:23:54