talk72000

Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:34 pm
@JTT,
I was only a consultant. The plant made roofing shingles. They are light as wood and looks like wood only with better fire resistance.

Quote:
Re-Con Building Products, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of cementitious and cellulose fiber roofing materials, mainly to the construction industry in the United States. Its products are categorized into FireFree plus Polymer Modified Fiber Cement (PMFC) products and Quantum. FireFree Plus PMFC Roofing Materials are produced with fiber cement and polymer resins. Its polymer resins penetrate the surface of the material, as well as encapsulate all six sides. This makes each piece of material resistant to water absorption, efflorescence, fading, and freeze/thaw. FireFree Plus PMFC comes in two styles—Rustic Shake and Quarry Slate. They are lightweight, walkable, fire resistant, weather resistant, and asbestos free. Quantum Plus PMFC roofing materials comes in complementary color choices with fade resistant and offered in two styles Shake and Slate. Shake panels duplicate the wood shakes and are available in both brown and gray. Slate panels are offered in gray and both styles are applied with 32 pieces per square. It sells its products in United States, Canada, and the Pacific Rim
0 Replies

talk72000

Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:36 pm
@rainbowlaw,
I have seen one company use styrofoam forms and they poured concrete into them thus forming an insulated wall 4" thick. The styrofoam forms were left intact.
JTT

Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:25 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
I have seen one company use styrofoam forms and they poured concrete into them thus forming an insulated wall 4" thick. The styrofoam forms were left intact.

That's become very common. There are lots of companies making these forms. I've done one basement start to finish and helped finish up and pour another.

They do whole houses like this, pour the basement, then do the main floor.
0 Replies