Romance Novel - A collective effort

Tryagain

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:54 am
...and angels sang as T R Yagain rode into town on his ass, due in no small part to his small parts and being thrown from his horse. Who said being a thespian was easy; struggling to his feet with as much dignity as a stripper in a whore house he asked directions to the saloon.

"What will it be stranger?" Asked the barkeep.

I seek an answer as to why their ability to inhibit extracellular peptidase and glycosidase enzyme activities produced by the periodontopathic bacteria Porphyromonas gingivalis (formerly Bacteroides gingivalis), Bacteroides intermedius and Treponema denticola.

The plants studied were Rhus natalensis, Cupressus hisitanica, Sida cordifolia, Olea africana and Euclea divinorum. Protease activities, including glycylprolyl dipeptidase and trypsin-like activities of P. gingivalis, chymotrypsin-like and glycylprolyl dipeptidase activities of B. intermedius and the trypsin-like activity of T. denticola, were particularly affected by extracts from Rhus natalensis and Euclea divinorum.

Glycosidase activities were generally less affected with the notable exceptions of the inhibition of β-mannosidase activity of P. gingivalis by all extracts and the inhibition of neuraminidase activity of T. denticola by Rhus natalensis and Euclea divinorum.

"Yeah, that sure is a freekin' puzzle but nevernomind, Oolongteas is next up."

Yagain snuggled back into the battered leather chair that had seen more bangs than the French Commissariat à l'énergie atomique; this was going to be one hell of a lap dance...

spendius

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:28 am
@Tryagain,
If you are leading up to the "I'll keep my eye out for you" joke Try--we've all heard it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:25 am
@Tryagain,
Here, try this , said the barkeep, as he handed him a stick of mswaki.
"This usually works fer me"
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
"You strap it on your dick like a splint and they won't know the difference".
laughoutlood

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:33 pm
@spendius,
They all turned.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:52 am
Wssn't that fun?
roger

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:56 am
@Mame,
I guess this is your night to remind us of all the people who used to post good stuff around here.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:08 am
@roger,
Yes Smile

Love you roger

always have and always will

and not just of all the people, but of the fun we used to have - we can still have fun... and be light-spirited.
hightor

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 05:51 am
@Mame,
It's been interesting reading the old threads that Mame has unearthed for us. I missed this chapter of A2K; spent years on other sites and only rediscovered this place when I was trying to dig up info on the old Abuzz forum. The search turned up the name of a longtime correspondent/friend who had turned silent — there was a thread about it on A2K and I discovered that my friend had died. I stuck around.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 10:36 am
@hightor,
That must have been a sad moment for you. I'm thinking now of all the ones who have passed since I've been here. It's such a loss.
roger

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:58 pm
@Mame,
And of all the people I met at Albuquerque, you and Walter are the only ones I'm sure are still around - somewhere.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:41 pm
@roger,
What happened to osso and thomas? I did get an email from Lady Di once, but that was a while ago.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:56 pm
This is the kind of thread that drew me to A2K years ago.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:31 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, there's one going on now, so git in there

Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:47 pm
@Mame,
I heard Thomas returned to Germany. Maybe related to some sort of eye problem related to diabetes.

Haven't heard a peep out of osso or Diane in at least five years - probably longer. The last time I saw them was when FreeDuck passed through on the way to the west coast, and that's been a long time.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:53 pm
@roger,
I know osso had serious eye issues, so maybe it's deteriorated to where she can't type or read any longer. Thomas said he was returning to Germany; apparently the US wasn't such a good fit in terms of employment.

So many are gone from here (I shouldn't talk) - cyclo, JPB, sozobe, georgeob, well, I could go on and on.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 06:29 pm
@Mame,
I see Diane on Facebook every so often, I'll have to ask her about Ossobucco.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 07:02 pm
@glitterbag,
thank you. I'm not on FB, so I'd be glad to hear how Diane and Osso are doing.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:39:38