keep getting disconnected from wii...

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 04:54 pm
hello all i have comcast as my isp and a linksys wrt54g version 5 wireless router. i have had wii for 2 yrs and the online play has always worked perfect with absolutely no probs what so ever. But recently i play tiger woods or mario kart online and after 2 minutes a screen comes up "you were disconnected from other players." I have a computer that works wirelessly and it has no problems playing online radio for hours and it says the signal is very good or excellent so i don't think it's my wireless signal....any ideas what else it could be or anyone else with similar problem?
thanks
-jeff
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,022 • Replies: 5
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 05:40 pm
@abe froman,
So you do you get disconnected when doing others things on the internet?

It sound like a problems with your gaming software and if this a recent problem and you are running an windows OS do a restore to a date before the problem show up.

Or first try uninstalling the gaming programs and reinstalling them.
engineer

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 05:50 pm
@BillRM,
Another possibility is that you or your neighbors have acquired another device that is interfering with the signal. Get a new phone recently or something like that?
BillRM

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 05:56 pm
@engineer,
Did not think of that but engineer he did say he did not get any drop outs when doing others things for prolong periods on the net.
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:43 pm
thanks for the fast reply...no my internet works fine on both computers and the wii internet channel, its just the online gaming...i just played a little with all the other computers off and it was working maybe i dont have enough juice to run the wii online with a computer surfing the internet???
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:05 pm
@abe froman,
Some of those games need ports open and ports forwarding enable in both the router and the software firewalls.

Could be some software firewall or router firmware update is causing problems.

Suggest you might look at any docs for the games concerning that issue.

0 Replies