Are you a Creator, Critic, Collector, Joiner or a Spectator?

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:24 pm
Or some combo thereof?

By definition, no one here is an Inactive.

What am I talking about? This.

Here's where it's all explained.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,549 • Replies: 9
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:38 pm
@jespah,
I think I would qualify in every category (except inactive). I wonder if your category is the top most of those that apply to you.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:42 pm
@engineer,
I'll be back on this tomorrow. I seem to qualify.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:48 pm
@jespah,
Creator: Kind of. I created a blog but left it on indefinite hiatus. I upload photographs I have taken on seldom occasion.
Critic: Yes. I am an active member of a2k and of the IMDb forums. On occasion, I add my comments to several blogs online. The Vulture blog, a culture blog for New York Magazine for example.
Collector: I add tags to my threads and other threads here at a2k. And I vote for websites when the Webby Awards voting season is open. However, I have given up on RSS feeds. Used to use it when I used the Firefox browser.
Joiner: Yes. I am an active member on Twitter, here at a2k, and the IMDb forum. I also occasionally send articles of choice to my front page at Facebook though I rarely visit there for the sake of visiting Facebook.
Spectators: How can one contribute to blogs, forums, etc... if you don't read them? This is a tad redundant, this category. I also watch online videos and listen to several hundred MB's of podcasts per week. However, when I read customer's online reviews, I take them with a cynical grain of salt as I am not certain of their credibility and their understanding and analyzing anecdotal evidence. Plus the over use of hyperbole tend to stretch out their reviews into they lose all credibility.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2qi8ugz.jpg
jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 05:13 am
@tsarstepan,
I think the idea behind Spectators is that they don't do anything else, they just read. E. g. lurkers who never contribute.

Forum people tend to be Critics and Joiners. With the tagging, we also end up as Collectors which is not a very large % of the 'net, hence our issues with getting people to tag at all, let alone properly.

Me, I am those things, plus I am a Creator, as I have 3 blogs (the 4th is on permanent hiatus), I make videos on occasion, etc.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 05:35 am
@jespah,
i could be a marketeers incubus or succubus because i dont bite and buy it
djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 05:45 am
i am a destroyer
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 05:52 am
@djjd62,
i am a lousy collector
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:44 am
@laughoutlood,
Quote:
incubus or succubus

We were trying to remember what those words meant...for a crossword puzzle.
laughoutlood

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:38 pm
@panzade,
panz you must be an excruciverbalist on the verge of a neology
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are you a Creator, Critic, Collector, Joiner or a Spectator?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:12:39