What's the best way to support your spouse when they are going through difficulties at work?

zhjuan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:05 am
My hubby is having a tough time at work at the moment and for the first time in seven years, he is full of complains about his work. How can I support him in a way that I could help him go back work feeling less frustrated and feel ok at work again.

He has just got a new boss who is very negative and uncalm when facing daily issues and refuses to recognize his achievements unless it helps her promotion and career but keeping telling him that she needs him so much to solve lots low profile big issues which saves the company lots money big time.

She also told him that unless he got a high profile project done other wise he will never be seen as perform successful... though she agree that he saves the company lots money big time on daily bases.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 509 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 05:48 am
Your husband should look for another job. This kind of boss will put so much pressure on him that he may not be able to function in all the confusion.

In the meantime, he could request written directions with a time frame from her for all projects so he can always know shat she wants done and what is expected of him.

Let the boss prioritize all work. He needs to keep asking her what is important and urgent.

Just keep telling him he is going well in a chaotic place. And rub his back, too.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's the best way to support your spouse when they are going through difficulties at work?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:54:43