Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 05:21 am
I am new to this forum and am looking forward to reading the posts. I retired 2 years ago and spend my time goofing off around San Diego. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,805 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:39 am
@socalgoofoff,
Should we debate the coincidence of having two socals? Maybe he just made another profile...:dunno:
socalgoofoff

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:22 am
@socalgoofoff,
I admit I liked the name so I knocked it off. Anyway, I am from San Diego and he appears to be from L.A. I retired after 31 years of police work to goof off in SoCal where I have lived since 1959.
Musky Hunter

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:38 am
@socalgoofoff,
socalgoofoff;62342 wrote:
I admit I liked the name so I knocked it off. Anyway, I am from San Diego and he appears to be from L.A. I retired after 31 years of police work to goof off in SoCal where I have lived since 1959.

Welcome:peace:
socalgoofoff

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 06:12 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62357 wrote:
Welcome:peace:

Thanks Musky - my first welcome!
0 Replies

socalgoofoff

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 07:05 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62298 wrote:
Should we debate the coincidence of having two socals? Maybe he just made another profile...:dunno:

What's with the duck? Are you from Oregon?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 07:55 am
@socalgoofoff,
socalgoofoff;62394 wrote:

<-----says i'm from Michigan
0 Replies

Musky Hunter

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 08:00 am
@socalgoofoff,
socalgoofoff;62394 wrote:

I like the Oregon Ducks.
Numpty

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 08:47 am
@Musky Hunter,
Hoola Amigo!!

Guten Tag!!

Bonjour!!

G'Day Mate
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 11:24 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62298 wrote:

I checked the IP addresses, they are different or at least using different computers.
socalgoofoff

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:00 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62427 wrote:
I checked the IP addresses, they are different or at least using different computers.

Are you in law enforcement?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:04 am
@socalgoofoff,
socalgoofoff;62432 wrote:
Are you in law enforcement?

Nay, i suppose you are wondering how i know your IP address?
socalgoofoff

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:05 am
@socalgoofoff,
The more I think about someone on this site conducting an investigation against me, I more angry I become. I came here to make friends and discuss ideas, not to be examined and exposed publicly for absolutely no reason. The owner of this site ought to be ashamed and the moderator that went on the hunt should be expelled. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm gone.
0 Replies

socalgoofoff

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:06 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62433 wrote:
Nay, i suppose you are wondering how i know your IP address?

No, I do not care. The point is you have a little power and enjoy abusing it. Shame on you.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:14 am
@socalgoofoff,
lol.

I didn't conduct an investigation against you, far from it. I'm a moderator and as such i get a little icon on everybody's profile that tells me their IP address. It's for security measures.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 04:16 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I apologize if you feel uncomfortable with my knowing your IP.
socalgoofoff

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:12 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62438 wrote:
I apologize if you feel uncomfortable with my knowing your IP.

No, I am uncomfortable that any jerk that wants to moderate a site can inspect proprietary information for their own perverse curiosity and then boast about it later like you are some inside man. Well. Mr. Bigshot, you are a small thinker - fatal freedoms, indeed. For the last time, I am through.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:23 am
@socalgoofoff,
socalgoofoff;62440 wrote:
No, I am uncomfortable that any jerk that wants to moderate a site can inspect proprietary information for their own perverse curiosity and then boast about it later like you are some inside man. Well. Mr. Bigshot, you are a small thinker - fatal freedoms, indeed. For the last time, I am through.

At least 3 people on this site have my IP as well. If you really want your IP hidden there are a number of proxy sites that can help you with that. But I really wish that you would stick around.

And to add to that anybody can find your IP address regardless of moderation status if they have the know-how of computers.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:31 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I don't really see what you are so upset about, the people on this site are very kind, I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about. Even with an IP address only a very dedicated and skillful person would actually be able to do anything with it.
Numpty

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:50 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62443 wrote:
I don't really see what you are so upset about, the people on this site are very kind, I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about. Even with an IP address only a very dedicated and skillful person would actually be able to do anything with it.

Indeed, Socal Mark II, take a chill pill bro, fatal is one of the good guys, he was merely curious as too why two people on the site had very similar tags. He's inquisitive, to be honest I would have been supprised if he hadn't 'checked' you out.
0 Replies