Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:00 am
I just wanted to introduce myself. Not that anyone truly cares, but may help clarify my personal view of the world.

I define myself as an imperfect human being who is an American citizen.

A brief history of my life so far.....

Born a caucasian of a primarily French, less so Spanish and English heritage the youngest member of four children in 1968 (New Orleans, Louisiana) to a Roman Catholic father and mother. Based on the income of my parents, I would consider my family lower middle income.

Education - private, non-secular from age 3 to 8 years of age. From grades 4 through 8, educated in a Roman Catholic grammar school. Teachers included lay men and women and Catholic nuns. For grades 9 and 10 educated in a Roman Catholic seminary. Teachers included non ordained Catholic men and women, Catholic priests and Franciscan monks. From grades 11 to 12 educated in a Chistian brothers school. Teachers included, well, Christian Brothers and generally other men and women. This is a school that currently identifies itself as "a Christian College preparatory high school environment to spread the good news about Jesus Christ, discipline, teach, and prepare students for higher education" Graduated from a public Louisiana state university with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications.

Current 2007 views:
American Political view: I measure and formulate my opinion on American issues primarily against the Bill of Rights. I do not wholeheartedly ascribe to any formal political party. I believe we should hold our elected officials accountable for their actions as related to effectively leading our government.

World view: I have come to believe that religious interolance is poisioning our global community.

Morality view: I do not wholeheartedly ascribe nor identify myself with any specific religious philosophy. I respect those who do and support them in worshipping as they please, provided it does not violate civic law.

Spiritual view: I believe in something larger than myself and have defined that something as life energy. I cannot deny the evidence of this nor can I deny this through personal experience.

Mankind: I believe that generally, there are two kinds of people. 1.) Those whose actions benefit humankind. 2.) Those whose actions do not. I identify myself with #1.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 738 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:15 pm
@chuckc cv,
Welcome to CV, looking forward to more debates!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 09:49 pm
@chuckc cv,
Welcome aboard Smile
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:08 pm
@chuckc cv,
I would say welcome, but you have already been around for a while!
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:01 pm
@chuckc cv,
howdy...
0 Replies