Philis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:51 am
I came upon it a couple of times, but now I can't find my cache to clear it for Win XP/SP2. Where is my cache or multiple caches so I can clear them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,022 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 04:00 am
@Philis,

internet explorer:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History, Delete... --> Temporary Internet Files, Delete Files...
dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:54 am
@Philis,
depends on your browser.
google "clear chache" for instructions for your browser
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

internet explorer:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History, Delete... --> Temporary Internet Files, Delete Files...

Hi Region. I do the above a few times a week so that is not my issue. I came upon another cache somewhere else but thank you for replying.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:21 pm
I should have written how to clear cache in Windows. And I will search google.
Thank You.
Philis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:43 pm
@Philis,
This is what I was looking for I had over 800 temp files in Windows and all but 2 did delete. It shows how to do some good stuff to keep a smoothe PC.

Step 1
Click the Windows "Start" button. Move your
cursor to "Settings" and "Control Panel." Double-click to open "Control Panel."

Step 2
Double-click the "Internet Options" icon. Under "Temporary Internet Files," click "Delete files." Click "OK" to confirm. Click "OK" at the bottom of the Window. Once all files have been deleted, exit Control Panel.

Step 3
Select "Tools" and "Options" from the Firefox menu if you are using Mozilla Firefox as your Internet Browser. Click the "Network" tab. Click the "Clear Now" button in the "Cache" section.

Step 4
Press the "Start" button. Select "Run" from the menu. Type "cmd" in the Run box. At the prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns." You will receive confirmation when the command runs successfully. Type "exit" after the command has completed.

Step 5
Right-click the "Start" button. Choose "Explore" from the menu. Double-click the "C;" drive. Navigate to the "Windows" folder and open it. Search for the "Temp" folder and double-click it.

Step 6
Choose "Edit" from the menu. Click "Select All." When all the temp files are highlighted, select "File" and "Delete" from the menu. Click "Yes" to verify that you want to delete all the files.

Read more: How to Clear the Cache in Windows XP | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2293053_clear-cache-windows-xp.html#ixzz0rnyx4SaM
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:55 am
My PC is running like it was new again. It has it's speed back now.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:37 am
@Philis,
You might be interested in a program called CCleaner (CrapCleaner).

It does all that stuff automatically and also cleans your registery. It is one of the few programs that our PC troubleshooting expert always recommended to folks with malware and spyware troubles. The best part is it is free.

I've used it for more than 5 years and can vouch for it.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Philis

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:09 am
@Butrflynet,
It will clean the registry for
Quote:
FREE
Exclamation

Will it give me the choice on what I want it to clean Question
What is this on the website about donating or donate using paypal Question
dadpad

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:16 am
@Philis,
I use CCleaner on a weekly basis Phillis.

Thouroughly reccomend it.

Never had any problems. No privacy concerns, no advertising, no fees, voluntry donations are requested, however i have never made a donation in 8 years.

I have recently been using "defraggler" another program from the same source. So far no problems with that either.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:17 am
Quote:
Will it give me the choice on what I want it to clean

Yes
Many options for windows and many options for applications (firefox adobe paint office.
Again I reccomend the defaults except perhaps for windows recent documents.
Philis

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:36 am
@dadpad,
I have now been looking over the website and seeing what they offer. Makes me nervous because if it removes just one thing I need then I am not savvy enough to get it back and then my pc starts experiencing error messages. But I am reading and checking on this. Thanks for your reply dad.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 06:50 am
Phillis you can download the program, open it and look at the things it will remove at the default settings so you can have a good look before using the program.
The program will not remove items until you tell it to.
It will analyse but not clean and give you a list of what will be removed.
Obviously your computer needs will be different to mine but the program will not remove anything I have ever needed except the list of recently used documents. Note it does not remove the documents just the list of what has been used recently.

I suggest you downlaod it, open it and have a look around. click on the cleaner tab
two options are available. windows and applications. If you are concerned about losing things uncheck everything except those that you know you want to remove. Such as temporary internet files and windows temp files.
Philis

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:17 pm
@dadpad,
Your advice is well noted.
0 Replies