What have you bought from on line auctions?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 04:09 pm
I had an ulterior motive asking this question. I want very much to sell on ebay, but, I have nothing to sell. I was hoping to get a few hints what to push on there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:08 pm
I bought a couple stuff from eBay, and they've been pretty good about prices and shipping. My latest purchase was a Panasonic 5.8Ghz telephone that retails for $170 that I got on eBay for $88. Just received it two days ago. This telephone has a whole bunch of bells and whistles, so we're still trying to figure them all out. LOL
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:00 pm
e-bay is the bomb.

I've bought hat pins, Scout patches, clothing, golf clubs, a laptop...

I actually go through episodes of e-bay addiction, especially when I'm bidding on something I reallly want.

I have not had a single dissatisfactory experience.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 10:52 pm
E-Bay three comic books and two watches.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:08 pm
I've purchased several different things on ebay with no problems, as well. I've also sold different things...my best selling experience was with old (but still relavent) computer books. They're hard to find at a good enough price to resell for profit on ebay though, I've discovered.

A co-worker and his wife have been doing very well selling childrens clothes, believe it or not. They find them on sale and have been able to make a pretty good profit reselling them online. And they're cheap and easy to ship. If I had the time, I'd give it a shot, myself.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:40 pm
Edgarblythe, you can sell anything on ebay or at least try to sell anything. I know people who sell pens. Laughing
I bought a stenograph machine with no problem.

A few mentioned "Victory Garden". I use to like that show better when Roger Swain was on. I liked it a while with Michael Weison (sp) But it seems it has turned into a travel show and a food show. It bores me now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 09:27 am
ruach
Thanks for the advice. I will give it a bit more thought.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 01:56 pm
A co-worker of mine's father reguarly buys automobiles and trucks on ebay. A few weeks ago he bought a Dodge Durango. He's bought something like five or six cars through ebay so far.

He's never had problems buying through ebay.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:20 pm
Roger Swain was the guy on the victory Graden with the real bad beard and the mouth full of chain saw teeth.

As I stated earlier, my wife sells on ebay. knitting patterns and matched yarns, with no problems or bad reviews. However, the antiques arm , as reported by Maine Antiques Digest is tallying over 14 Million bucks of claims from dissatisfied buyers from less than honest sellors. everything is tipped to the sellor in eBay.
you bid and beat the clock (a real auction would go till the highest bid is reached even if it takes time)

Then, as successful bidder you pay and the seller waits till your check clears , at which time

The seller , from out of the country, like INDONESIA , says adios and sends nothing cause he only glommed someone elses pictures and description
or

the description didnt even remotely match the item recieved.
apparently the antiques side of the business is having problems , and consignors are looking to find a good market wherein they dont have to shell out exhorbitent commissions and the buyers are saaved from paying "buyers premium"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:25 pm
Buying only from one's own country can help the problem - Nothing is ever foolproof. Buying only from one's own state when paying with checks and money orders is also a bit safer.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:49 pm
Buying overseas would be a big risk. OF course checking to see a sellers ratings is a big plus.
I will not go to the antiques site , thankx for the forewarning.
Yes Farmerman Roger Swain the one and only. You gotta love him, well you don't have to but I miss him. Laughing

"The Man in the Red Suspenders," Roger was the host of "The Victory Garden" on PBS for 15 years, becoming America's most popular male gardening personality.

http://www.vafgs.org/images2/roger_1.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:31 pm
he had the teeth of a mccollough chainsaw.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:33 pm
Maybe he could take down trees.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.66 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:07:03