C'mon down to the Mermaid Cafe

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 09:23 am
A person's house is a perfectly acceptable hangout - even better than a club in many cases.

I do think that there is something nice about being a regular somewhere though. It seems that now everyone want to try the "new" place all the time - not many places seem to have that Norm-quality anymore.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 09:41 am
Most of our 'hanging out' is done at home. Being in the food industry, we do get some cool freebie hangouts, and I feel like Norm every time I go to the local liquor stores, heh heh, for clients and ourselves. It's a bit sad, but I have no problems hanging out at home, ours or others. I hate clubs, and I don't dance.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 09:50 am
Last night I hung out a Disney's Princess' on Ice.

That might give you a pretty good idea of my hangout capabilities these days. We mostly hang out at home too. I love hanging out at home. Still, I sometimes get the itch to hang out elsewhere - not clubs (though I love to dance) but somewhere neighborhoody.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 09:58 am
Same here. Tonight, my sommelier, who also does restaurant consulting, invited us out to the grand opening of a restaurant they are involved in, all free of charge. Cocktails, flamenco dancers, some food, sounds like fun! One of those 'professional' perks I was talking about. Sadly, Mrs. cav is involved in her office move tonight, so it's just me for the event. Sad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:04 am
I used to love going to those things, cav. In my earlier life, I held a position that allowed those types of invites to come my way. Professional perks. The holidays, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, were ridiculous with parties. But that was another life...sigh
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:05 am
Sadly, I would prefer more money and less freebies these days. Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:06 am
I hear ya!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:07 am
cavfancier wrote:
Same here. Tonight, my sommelier, who also does restaurant consulting, invited us out to the grand opening of a restaurant they are involved in, all free of charge. Cocktails, flamenco dancers, some food, sounds like fun! One of those 'professional' perks I was talking about. Sadly, Mrs. cav is involved in her office move tonight, so it's just me for the event. Sad

Can I be yr date then ?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:10 am
You are a trip! Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:11 am
I am a what ?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:37 am
Gautam can be my virtual date. There will be drinks I can't afford beforehand at a veerrryy trendy local spot called Rain, where I could possibly run into an ex-girlfriend and her new husband. Bring your credit cards and your love for a good dish.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:43 am
Damn, why did he have to mention the credit cards.....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:00 am
IS there peanutbutter here?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:04 am
Has this been a strange day on A2K already or what?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 04:30 pm
Oooh. Not from around here, eh Guatam?
Calling someone "a trip" is saying that they're not your normal, everyday kind of person. The opposite of being a drag.

I'm looking for a party picture from The Clubhouse to post...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 04:32 pm
Well, no date for me. Had to bow out. My friend's car broke down, so it started coming down to taxis, and no free drinks, so the freebie night started to add up to some serious coin. Quiet night in it is.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:32 pm
Boomer - wot? I don't just ooze street crude, I mean cred? Heehee. I have had fun.... will continue to someday.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:41 pm
I'm crazy for documentation, littlek. Before you oozed, now its a geyser!

Quiet night in. Those are very good too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:42 pm
Not when there are dishes to be done.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:45 pm
Cav - ha! I actually did my dinner dishes BEFORE I ate tonight! Woowee, I'm so cool.

I love documentation as well. With photos, I was always documenting other stuff, not myself. I can't even remember who took that photo, but I know I was glad someone did.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:41:02