What Would You do for $58

kotigre

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:25 pm
Today, I saw this article about this pet waste removal worker who found $58 in dog poop. The man noticed some money sticking out of some dog poop and decided to get down and dirty and grab it.

Here is the article: Dog Poop

It ended up being $58 which he didnt even keep but gave back to the owner of the dog.

Which brings me to my question, is $58 enough for you to go digging in poop? What would you be willing to do for $58?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,733 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
@kotigre,
I envision a dog scarfing up 58 delicious dollars...

Anyway, to your question. I was a lab technologist for a bunch of years, and we went through classical medical laboratory training. In fact, I took over for the guy who ran the parasitology lab while he went on a well deserved vacation. What this means in practical terms, is that when I came to work in the morning, there was an elevator dummy full of cartons of patient excretory samples, which needed various lab reviews. So, eh, I see $58.00 in such a situation, I'd pick it out, preferably with something like a paper towel, or, given time to access them,with some nice latex gloves. What I'd do after that, wash it? I dunno. I understand the motivation of the pet removal waste worker.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:41 pm
@ossobuco,
By the way, welcome to a2k..
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:44 pm
@kotigre,
kotigre wrote:

Today, I saw this article about this pet waste removal worker who found $58 in dog poop. The man noticed some money sticking out of some dog poop and decided to get down and dirty and grab it.

Here is the article: Dog Poop

It ended up being $58 which he didnt even keep but gave back to the owner of the dog.

Which brings me to my question, is $58 enough for you to go digging in poop? What would you be willing to do for $58?

i would do it and then turn around and buy some homeless people some dinner.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:56 pm
@Krumple,
I am with Krumple here.
The dog owner did not pick up the poo, therefore he doesn't deserve the
money back. Giving it to someone in need is a much better solution.

Then again, I don't think I would pick it up in the first place....
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 07:32 pm
When I was pretty young, an uncle had some of those fake $20 bills with Christian messages on the back about saving your soul...folded, they looked just like real 20s. He would drop them around for entertainment, at his sister's wedding of all places.

Well, he handed a bunch of them to my brother and I, and soon enough, they were ending up in the men's urinals, and regular toilets that weren't exactly clean. A surprising number of people, as I recall, dug them out of the toilet, thinking it was just a $20 bill. So, for near $60, many people would probably do some extraordinary things.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Would You do for $58
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:44:39