Roller Coasters

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 01:36 am
When I was a kid, I loved Roller Coasters. I "cut my teeth" on the Cyclone, in Coney Island. I was about 12 years old, and I went to Coney Island with a girlfriend. The ride was 25 cents. My friend told me that it was no big deal, that I shouldn't worry. As soon as I bought my ticket, she told me that "You are gonna die".

I was scared out of my wits. The funny thing is that it never occurred to me not to go. After all, I HAD paid for the ticket.

I found this nice History of Roller Coasters Website:

Link to History of Roller Coasters
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 07:58 pm
My best roller coaster story occurred when we took the kids (then about 4 and 9 years old) to Busch Gardens in Va. My son and husband went on one of the really scary (turn upside down) types but since my daughter was too small, she and I went on a normal, more or less tame roller coaster. As luck would have it, we got stuck at the very top of the coaster -- in full sunlight on an 85+ degree day. We were there for a good half hour, watching the guys walk along the track, trying to figure out what went wrong. Fortunately, my daughter never panicked (though I almost did) and we eventually made it back down in one piece. Haven't been on a roller coaster since.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Roller Coasters
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 07:49:53