attach mp3 file to blog or profile

salima

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 01:41 am
is there a way to attach an mp3 file of a little more than 2MB to either the profile page or a blog entry?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 737 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Justin

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 08:23 am
@salima,
No, not really. What purpose? There may be some way of doing something else though.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 08:49 am
@salima,
If you have the MP3 files stored somewhere on the Internet, you could always just link to it here, Salima.
Cheers,
John
salima

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 08:50 am
@salima,
could be lots of purpose-to a blog entry maybe the sound of a wedding band like they have here in india-no way one could possibly describe that in words. or on a profile page, maybe cuts of song by people who are musicians. and other people may have other reasons i cant even imagine.

it is not necessary, i was just curious if there was something i hadnt discovered how to use yet. i saw something that mentions attachments, but they dont accommodate mp3.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 08:54 am
@salima,
I haven't seen anything of the sort but linking a nice video would be good. I'll keep my eye out for a feature like that but uploading a 2m mp3 file wouldn't be something we could accommodate with the current features.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 10:54 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;74524 wrote:
If you have the MP3 files stored somewhere on the Internet, you could always just link to it here, Salima.
Cheers,
John

where does one store files on the internet? i dont think i would be doing that though just for the sake of adding something one time only.

can you add a link to files stored on the internet in an email message? i have some mp3 files that i wanted to send someone and they refuse to attach to the email the usual way. for that purpose it might be worth my while to register on a site somewhere that lets me store mp3 and various files.

also i dont know how to create a link! i notice how sometimes people say 'you can read about that here' and it is a link. i also see an icon above this message i am writing that says 'insert link' when i put the cursor over it but i dont know what it is for.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 01:28 pm
@salima,
Many people I know store files (archive) in whatever blog they maintain, both video and audio files. One of the more popular free ones is:
https://www.blogger.com/start
You can then simply link in your E-mail to there, just as you would to any site; and most browsers will let one download (or play) from there.
Other Members may have better choices for you.

Creating a link here is rather easy once you get the hang of it.
1. In a new tab or Window, find the page to which you want to link, and copy that from the address bar of your browser.
2. Then click on the blue globe icon at the top of the message box.
3. You will get a drop down box with a white area prefilled with "http://". I always highlight it and delete that part, then paste the complete URL into the box. Double check to make sure you are pasting the correct URL.
4. Press OK

5. Best practices suggest that you do not give a link a special name that obscures (supplants) the URL, so that anyone wanting to click on it has a rough idea about where it will take him. It is also a kindness to forum Moderators, since they habitually verify any link they find, especially if it is obscured, to protect Members from downloading malware or being guided to something nasty or spammy.
I hope this helps.
John
0 Replies

salima

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 06:18 pm
@salima,
yes, john-thank you!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » attach mp3 file to blog or profile
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 01:56:58