Life DOES Imitate Art.....

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 07:57 am
Last night at my Holiday Inn show was pretty lively. We had a big marketing company group who were drinking and partying like crazy, singing and dancing, and a large amount of the usual partying locals as well, when I learned that at 10:00 a big political group of some sort was breaking in one of the ball rooms and coming down. I was told a bunch of Bush appointees and even Elizabeth Dole was in this group, and the F&B man asked if I would stay late for them. I said I'd consider it, particularly if they were willing to throw some gratuity money at me.

I then spent some time making some light hearted jokes to the crowd about how they were coming down later and I might stay late but not to worry about them taking too much space up doing karaoke or on the dance floor, because they were republicans and were probably too stiff to have any fun.

Low and behold, 45 minutes later their rep calls down to say that they're coming down, but don't want the karaoke guy to stay and in fact would appreciate it if they cut the dance music as well.

Like I said, too stiff for fun. I hate being right all the time. Rolling Eyes

Of course for my headline to make sense you have to assume karaoke and my comic remarks as art. I realize that's a stretch. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 396 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 09:51 am
So you left and now we don't get the juice on them or what!!?? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 10:21 am
there is no juice...that's the point.....I said they were stiff dried up husks and then they proceeded to prove it...... Of course I also called Elizabeth Dole Jesse Helms in panty hose.....so maybe they're not stiff....maybe they just wanted me to go home Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 10:28 am
I was just going to say, that they wanted you out of there for a reason!

Ahh, you shoulda stuck around and stirred things up!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:51 pm
Yeah, BPB. You shoulda waited until they were in the room to make those remarks. You missed out on some real fun.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:35 pm
well, there were some from the group that did hear the remarks, which may be why they declined to come down and play with me. :wink: Razz
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Life DOES Imitate Art.....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/14/2024 at 07:11:48