signs after member names (+,*)

salima

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 07:34 pm
these signs appear after member names in different places, at the bottom of the forum homepage where who is online are listed, on profiles and blog pages where members who have viewed are listed, etc. what do they mean? i think it is my name that has the * after it, but i see my name with a + in other places too. just wondered...

also when it is stated that 'this page has had x number of visitors' does that mean the number of different members that have visited? i have noticed for the number of visits there is no distinction between number of members or number of visits, the count includes repeat visits.

duh-rereading what i said it makes sense that there is a difference in the number of visitors and visits-i guess i answered my own question. but in case i am wrong, let me know...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 436 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 08:03 pm
@salima,
If there is a + sign after a member's name, that means that they are friends with you on the forum. I am not sure what the asterisk means though. I have never noticed it before.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 12:25 am
@salima,
at first i thought it meant i was invisible, which i had checked for awhile-but then i UNinvisibled myself and it is still there. is there an asterisk by your name when you look at the forum? maybe it means you are logged in as that person?

no, i think i was right the first time-i am still invisible. i will try and uninvisiblise myself again...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » signs after member names (+,*)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:56:26