Off to sleep

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:45 am
Hmm. . . eeeenteresting. . . <funny eyebrow wiggle> :-)

Nah. . . for you, I give for free. . . <in a perfect imitation of the strange man at the fake burberry store in chinatown>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:49 am
Hey, I'll bring some blueberries and we can trade. You're so very kind :-D
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:51 am
Of course! Is no one surprised? :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:53 am
Would you like me to make us a homemade banana bread and bring it along?
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:00 am
hmm. . . banana bread is one of my all-time favorites. . . (as are blueberries, come to think of it). . . speaking my language here :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:06 am
Alrighty then, I will get my famous bread going. Do you like it with or without nuts?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:19 am
Whew! Back from the Sunday circle.... That's up the hill to Gruenebaum's bakery for prune horns, walnut/raisin buns and this chocolate thing that's made of puff pastry and a dark coco paste, then over to the newspaper stand for the Times, into Jinn's Grocery for eggs and Diet Coke, then all the way over the hill on Ft. Washington to Frank's on 186th for the 'home' baked ham and baby swiss, then down the stairs back to home.
(If anyone makes a crack about the Diet Coke, I'm leaving for the day. I buy it because we like the taste, not to save on calories which is a good thing seeing as how we are about to consume about 5,500 of them.)

The wind HAS died down. Come out, come out wherever you are. It's just gray everywhere as November ought to be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:26 am
listening to a bit of this before i go out with the dogs. It's more of the 'music of the medieval convents' from last night's concert.

found the sample here, thanks to Onkel Walter H! Very Happy

(they were interviewing one of the performers from last night, on public radio - CBC - this morning - so I got to have another fine hit of the music)
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:27 am
I like banana bread any way it comes to me, Montana :-) In my family, we like it so much we'll even eat it not-quite-done, with that squishyness in the middle. . .

And I did go out! I went to 2nd Ave. Deli to pick up some ham for my green beans today, and I went the loooooooong way over to Citarella's on 6th and 10th for new sesame oil. . .

And then I ranbackhereasfastasIcouldandputtheheaton. :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:45 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Whew! Back from the Sunday circle.... That's up the hill to Gruenebaum's bakery for prune horns, walnut/raisin buns and this chocolate thing that's made of puff pastry and a dark coco paste, then over to the newspaper stand for the Times, into Jinn's Grocery for eggs and Diet Coke, then all the way over the hill on Ft. Washington to Frank's on 186th for the 'home' baked ham and baby swiss, then down the stairs back to home.
(If anyone makes a crack about the Diet Coke, I'm leaving for the day. I buy it because we like the taste, not to save on calories which is a good thing seeing as how we are about to consume about 5,500 of them.)

The wind HAS died down. Come out, come out wherever you are. It's just gray everywhere as November ought to be.

Oh drool. My diet doesn't allow me to eat all that mouth watering stuff, but thanks for the tease. I'm almost tempted to make a crack at the diet coke thing, LOL! I did get a chuckle of seeing the diet coke at the end of that heavenly list ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:46 am
With nuts it is Princess :-D
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:51 am
I find no humor in diet coke. The fact that Joe is drinking that vile liquid is very disturbing. I'm having a bowl of Fruity Pebbles right now and a tall glass of dark german beer.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:54 am
LOL. I actually don't drink diet anything because I don't like the taste.

I noticed you didn't offers us any of your Fruity Pebbles and German beer Gus. What gives????
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 11:01 am
You know, I've noticed that, in milk, fruity pebbles tend to get grainy and leave a pasty aftertaste. . . does the beer alleviate that problem? :-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:35 pm
It does if you drink enough of it.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:39 pm
Hehe. . . how was the Grünebaums? Love that place. . . too cheap to take the subway :-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:44 pm
It's the real thing. We have TWO within six blocks of eachother. One on 181st and the other on 187th Street. Surely there is a bakery you can recommend in the Village.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:49 pm
Ugh. . . no one's into fine European pastry over here. . . Ok, that actually is SO not true. . . there's nothing like a Grünebaums over here, but there are some great bakeries in what's left of Little Italy, and there are, of course, the Chinatown "bakeries" (I buy those pork buns and freeze them. . . truly something).

The closer you get to the financial district, the more the bakeries start to pop up again. And Tribeca has some Zagat-friendly bakeries as well. . . but I guess Village kids are too cheap for pastry :-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 04:33 am
You need a hot man like me when it is so cold Twisted Evil

Zagat is one of my favorite books !!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 04:44 am
Montana wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Oh drool. My diet doesn't allow me to eat all that mouth watering stuff, but thanks for the tease. I'm almost tempted to make a crack at the diet coke thing, LOL! I did get a chuckle of seeing the diet coke at the end of that heavenly list ;-)

Reminds me of one of the operators where I work. About five and a half feet tall and must weigh 22 stone. His neck is a thing of the past. He'll come back from the canteen with 2 bags of the worst food anyone can eat, and a bottle of diet coke. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Off to sleep
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:55:33